Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab invalid account
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crontab invalid account Post 303028408 by ajayram_arya on Monday 7th of January 2019 12:19:15 PM
Old 01-07-2019
Yes I checked the cron.deny and it is not there . I also forgot to mention svcadm restart cron was also done .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting an account to be a non-login account automatically?

Is there a way to easily change an account to be a non login account (NP in the shadow) file? I know I can just edit the file but that is not what we want to do. We use access control software and want to provide a way to set an account to be non-login using simple commands that can be mapped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check invalid user account

Hi How to check invalid user account? invalid condition: 1. without home directory 2. home directory is empty 3. no home directory 4. no shell 5. no passwd user1:x:6000:6000:user1app:/DB/user1:/bin/ksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Invalid IP

Hi, I have an SFTP script which is called from another run script: When the SFTP process is run we passed through an invalid ip address to check the error logging and to ensure everything is working as expected. Below is a sample of the code in the script: $RUNSOCKS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronnie_uk
2 Replies

5. Linux

Apply disk quota to account(dedicate 3 GB to account).

Hi , I am faceing lot of problem due to "disk space is not enough". senerio is like as, In system has 5 account. a,b,c,d,e say account c if very critical. Due to other user's data, user 'c' is faceing disk space issue. I want to dedicate 3 GB for user 'c'. No user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

op is invalid

In the following code a= echo $? echo $? Why the op is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
2 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Restart old account, change email for account

Hi there, I may have had a typo in my email previously provided. I have doublechecked my email for Scott's reply but havent seen it, so I am creating a new post. My new email can be either one of these: <removed> or <removed> I beleive my old email was <removed by admin> thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AKelam_MagnusA
1 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Simultaneously try to execute commands after connecting to remote account to one account

I have made password less connection to my remote account. and i tried to execute commands at a time. but i am unable to execute the commands. ssh $ACCOUNT_DETAILS@$HOST_DETAILS cd ~/JEE/*/logs/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishored005
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What happens to your skype account if you close outlook.com email account?

Hello, Does anyone know what happens to your skype account if you close the outlook.com email account which are linked together? As you know they are both owned by Microsoft. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] [-l | -r | -e] DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file does not exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)