Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to convert this script so that it runs the dbv at most 5x at a time instead of serially? Post 303028355 by newbie_01 on Saturday 5th of January 2019 06:29:03 AM
Old 01-05-2019
FYI, had decided to keep it 'simple' use wait instead and run the dbv in the background using &. It's kinda 'parallel' but running it in group of 5 'serially' :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert from standard epoch time from a shell script?

Is there an easy method to do an on the fly conversion of a standard epoch time (seconds from 1970) to more readable date format? Does Unix have anything built in to do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert GMT to Asia/Hong Kong time

hi friends, this is my first time with this type of script so please pardon my ignorance. i have this script in which a piece of code needs to be added which can have the Asia/Hong kong time as well. system date and format is GMT so no problem with GMT and even EST is covered..i have ato add new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert date time to epoch time in solaris

Hi, Is there any easy way to convert date time(stored in shell variable ) to epoch time in solaris box? As +%s is working on linux but not on solaris, also -d option is not working. Any suggestion please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the output of dbv

Hello, We have an oracle database running on a Linux host (RHEL5)...I'm trying to run Oracle dbv (database verify utility) and capture its output to a file using the following syntax but the standart output does NOT get redirected to the file... dbv blocksize=32768 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add time convert to seconds

Hi, What i am looking for and i am new to this too, is a bash script that will add time in the format hh:mm:ss and produce the answer in minutes or seconds. It needs to be a loop since there are hundreds of times in my file. This is data is from a CDR that calculates duration of time used. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trotella
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Convert UTC Time to PST Time

Hello All - I have a script that grabs data from the net and outputs the following data 46029 46.144 -124.510 2010 07 26 22 50 320 4.0 6.0 2.2 9 6.8 311 1012.1 -0.9 13.3 13.5 13.3 - - 46041 47.353 -124.731 2010 07 26 22 50 250 2.0 3.0 1.6 8 6.4 - 1011.6 - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexnefex
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to convert epoch time to real time

Dear experts, I have an epoch time input file such as : - 1302451209564 1302483698948 1302485231072 1302490805383 1302519244700 1302492787481 1302505299145 1302506557022 1302532112140 1302501033105 1302511536485 1302512669550 I need the epoch time above to be converted into real... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script only runs first time through crontab

Hello, I am trying to run a script through crontab and it runs the first time and then it does not run. I tried to run a simple script (as shown below) and I see the same issue. #!/bin/ksh clear echo "Good Morning, World." > /tmp/test123 Crontab Entry: 30 09 * * *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
9 Replies
YPPUSH(8)							 Reference Manual							 YPPUSH(8)

NAME
yppush - force propagation of changed NIS databases SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppush [ -d domain ] [ -t timeout ] [ -p # parallel jobs ] [ -h host ] [ -v ] mapname ... DESCRIPTION
yppush copies updated NIS databases (or maps) from the master NIS server to the slave servers within a NIS domain. It is normally run only on the NIS master by /var/yp/Makefile after the master databases are changed. /var/yp/Makefile does not invoke yppush by default, the NOPUSH=true line must be commented out. yppush first constructs a list of NIS slave servers by reading the NIS map ypservers within the domain. A destination host (or a list of hosts with multiple -h commands) can also be specified on the command line. A "transfer map" request is sent to the NIS serger at each slave, along with the information needed by the transfer agent ypxfr(8) to callback to yppush, which may be printed the result to stderr. Messages are also printed when a transfer is not possible; for instance when the request message is undeliverable. OPTIONS
-d domain Specify a particular domain. The NIS domain of the local host system is used by default. If the local host's domain name is not set, the domain name must be specified with this flag. -t timeout The timeout flag is used to specify a timeout value in seconds. This timeout controls how long yppush will wait for a response from a slave server before sending a map transfer request to the next slave server in the list. By default, yppush will wait 90 seconds. For big maps, this is not long enough. -p # parallel jobs yppush normally performs transfers serially, meaning that it will send a map transfer request to one slave server and then wait for it to respond before sending the next map transfer request to the next slave server. In environments with many slaves, it is more efficient to initiate several map transfers at once so that the transfers can take place in parallel. -h host The host flag can be used to transfer a map to a user-specified machine or group of machines instead of the list of servers con- tained in the ypservers map. A list of hosts can be specified by using multiple instances of the -h flag. -v Verbose mode: causes yppush to print debugging messages as it runs. Note specifying this flag twice makes yppush even more verbose. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) BUGS
The mechanism for transferring NIS maps in NIS v1 is different that that in NIS version 2. This version of yppush has support for transfer- ring maps to NIS v2 systems only. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> YP Server August 2002 YPPUSH(8)