Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While true loop stopped
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While true loop stopped Post 303027749 by sadique.manzar on Sunday 23rd of December 2018 06:25:23 AM
Old 12-23-2018
@RudiC No, i am worrying and just wanted to confirm does break can impact the while true condition if the ssh connection refused ?
or it will break and keep on running again and again due to while true condition.

Kindly guide.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

True Shutdown help!

ok, i know the syntax that goes along with the Shutdown command... but my box never wants to ... well... shutdown.. it only halts, kills all the process's, stalls the comp to a complete stop, but does actually kill the monitor and/or shut off the physical computer. it will reboot properly though,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it true or not

I have heard for a long time that in maybe 2039 Unix will no longer be useable due the length of the date value. Anyone know anything about this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit a while true loop

Hi guys, I'm new to unix but loving it!! BUT this is driving me nuts as i can't work out the best way to do it. I have a while true loop that i use to monitor something. For my own reasons in ths script i have disabled the CTRL C using the trap command. But i want to put in a option to exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noob e
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Exiting while true loop when terminal is not the focus window

I am running an Ubuntu Gutsy laptop with Advanced Compiz fusion options enabled. I am using xdotool to simulate keyboard input in order to rotate through multiple desktops. I am looking for a way to kill a while true loop when the Enter key (or Control+C if it is easier) is pushed when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acclaypool
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Funny but true....

Hallo everybody I am having a shell script called auto_run.sh in that only the first line works. the second line which has sed command is working only at the # prompt. not within the shell script. What could be the reason. *... sed 's/ //g' KTI >abc works in another shell script without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stopped processes

When I try to exit a session, the message 'there are stopped processes' appears and I can not log out? Solution, please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: operag
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop until true

Hi I need help with a script to loop unitl the statement is true done some thing like this until if then cp filename filename.anto fi done Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts stopped in the shell

Hi, I've been wondering about this for a while and I just don't know where to start looking. Some of my scripts always get stopped when I start them with $ script.plx &in the shell (bash, on Debian lenny, logged in via ssh from a Mac OS machine using Terminal.app). After a few seconds I keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mregine
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop true problem

hi, i am new in bash scripting. i am trying to write a Bash script to monitor how many process are running in my Redhat6 Linux machine. example : let say there must be always 5 process from the same kind that must run and if one off them fails down the script must wake up another process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on if true

Hi Team, I need to know why ppl use If true loop instead of just writing down the sequence of code lines. 1: echo "Line1" if true; then echo "Line2" fi echo "Line3" 2: echo "Line1" echo "Line2" echo "Line3" Could you explain what does the if true loop make difference in 1st compare... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies
_lwp_cond_wait(2)						   System Calls 						 _lwp_cond_wait(2)

NAME
_lwp_cond_wait, _lwp_cond_timedwait, _lwp_cond_reltimedwait - wait on a condition variable SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/lwp.h> int _lwp_cond_wait(lwp_cond_t *cvp, lwp_mutex_t *mp); int _lwp_cond_timedwait(lwp_cond_t *cvp, lwp_mutex_t *mp, timestruc_t *abstime); int _lwp_cond_reltimedwait(lwp_cond_t *cvp, lwp_mutex_t *mp, timestruc_t *reltime); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to wait for the occurrence of a condition represented by an LWP condition variable. LWP condition variables must be initialized to 0 before use. The _lwp_cond_wait() function atomically releases the LWP mutex pointed to by mp and causes the calling LWP to block on the LWP condition variable pointed to by cvp. The blocked LWP may be awakened by _lwp_cond_signal(2), _lwp_cond_broadcast(2), or when interrupted by delivery of a signal. Any change in value of a condition associated with the condition variable cannot be inferred by the return of _lwp_cond_wait() and any such condition must be re-evaluated. The _lwp_cond_timedwait() function is similar to _lwp_cond_wait(), except that the calling LWP will not block past the time of day speci- fied by abstime. If the time of day becomes greater than abstime, _lwp_cond_timedwait() returns with the error code ETIME. The _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() function is similar to _lwp_cond_wait(), except that the calling LWP will not block past the relative time specified by reltime. If the time of day becomes greater than the starting time of day plus reltime, _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() returns with the error code ETIME. The _lwp_cond_wait(), _lwp_cond_timedwait(), and _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() functions always return with the mutex locked and owned by the calling lightweight process. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. A non-zero value indicates an error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions are detected, _lwp_cond_wait(), _lwp_cond_timedwait(), and _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() fail and return the corresponding value: EINVAL The cvp argument points to an invalid LWP condition variable or the mp argument points to an invalid LWP mutex. EFAULT The mp, cvp, or abstime argument points to an illegal address. If any of the following conditions occur, _lwp_cond_wait(), _lwp_cond_timedwait(), and _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() fail and return the corre- sponding value: EINTR The call was interrupted by a signal or fork(2). If any of the following conditions occur, _lwp_cond_timedwait() and _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() fail and return the corresponding value: ETIME The time specified inabstime or reltime has passed. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Use the _lwp_cond_wait() function in a loop testing some condition. The _lwp_cond_wait() function is normally used in a loop testing some condition, as follows: lwp_mutex_t m; lwp_cond_t cv; int cond; (void) _lwp_mutex_lock(&m); while (cond == FALSE) { (void) _lwp_cond_wait(&cv, &m); } (void) _lwp_mutex_unlock(&m); Example 2 Use the _lwp_cond_timedwait() function in a loop testing some condition. The _lwp_cond_timedwait() function is also normally used in a loop testing some condition. It uses an absolute timeout value as follows: timestruc_t to; lwp_mutex_t m; lwp_cond_t cv; int cond, err; (void) _lwp_mutex_lock(&m); to.tv_sec = time(NULL) + TIMEOUT; to.tv_nsec = 0; while (cond == FALSE) { err = _lwp_cond_timedwait(&cv, &m, &to); if (err == ETIME) { /* timeout, do something */ break; SENDwhom} } (void) _lwp_mutex_unlock(&m); This example sets a bound on the total wait time even though the _lwp_cond_timedwait() may return several times due to the condition being signalled or the wait being interrupted. Example 3 Use the _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() function in a loop testing some condition. The _lwp_cond_reltimedwait() function is also normally used in a loop testing some condition. It uses a relative timeout value as follows: timestruc_t to; lwp_mutex_t m; lwp_cond_t cv; int cond, err; (void) _lwp_mutex_lock(&m); while (cond == FALSE) { to.tv_sec = TIMEOUT; to.tv_nsec = 0; err = _lwp_cond_reltimedwait(&cv, &m, &to); if (err == ETIME) { /* timeout, do something */ break; } } (void) _lwp_mutex_unlock(&m); SEE ALSO
_lwp_cond_broadcast(2), _lwp_cond_signal(2), _lwp_kill(2), _lwp_mutex_lock(2), fork(2), kill(2) SunOS 5.11 13 Apr 2001 _lwp_cond_wait(2)