Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remote print from SLES (SAP) to AIX 7.1 04 sp2 virtual printer queue gets down Post 303027652 by Deneth on Friday 21st of December 2018 02:58:23 AM
Old 12-21-2018
Hello,
thank You all for Your replies.
so to answer most clearly :
-telnet on port 515 works fine
-qadm -U printer doesn't bring the queue up. Or maybe it does but then it immediately goes down because of queued remote jobs

-stanza for the virtual printer and printer is as follows from /etc/qconfig : the job goes to virtual printer, which invokes script that adds one line to the job, and then moves the spool to the real printer.
so it goes like this print request -> vBIOM -> script >BIOM

Code:
BIOM:
        device = @printBIOM
        up = TRUE
        host = printBIOM
        s_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/aixshort
        l_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/aixlong
        rq = BIOM
@printBIOM:
        backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak -T60
vBIOM:
        device = vBIOM
        up = TRUE
vBIOM:
        backend = /usr/scripts/backend/BIOM

- /var/ has 500 mb left so I doubt that some spool with 1 page is too much for it.

I 've set the /etc/hosts.lpd and /etc/hosts.equiv as follows :
Code:
/etc/hosts.lpd :
druk

Code:
/etc/hosts.equiv :
druk prdadm
druk root

in my opinion it should work. To which folder do You think I'd need to check privileges?

@Gull04 I don't really think SLES is the issue here. It doesn't do anything except for being a host for sap system (which works as a spool server itself, it doesn't need SLES help in that matter )

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: Please use CODE-tags for code, terminal output and data. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 12-21-2018 at 06:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Solaris- print to a remote queue

Is it possible to send a print job to a print queue on a different machine? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. AIX

Can you set up a networked printer as a local print queue?

Fairly simple question, I think. Still trying to get my head around AIX print queues. Most of our problems seem to stem from print queues going down. This generates help-desk calls when users call up to get their queues started or to get rid of the emails that qdaemon sends them. Looking at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 setting up a remote printer queue

I have a printer installed over ADSL to a router at a remote location. A Windows printer queue has been setup and working and I can ping the IP address from the Solaris server. I now want to add a printer queue for this printer under Solaris, but I am unsure how to setup a remote printer queue.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 setup remote printer queue help

I am trying to setup a remote printer (home users printer) through Solaris 8. The IP address is 172.16.17.10 and I can ping the printer, a local windows printer queue has been setup and works but now I am trying to setup a remote Unix printer queue. With this being a remote printer, do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2

Hi, In SUSE SLES 10 SP2 where are the software repositories located? In CENTOS they are in /etc/yum.repositories or something like that. What does SLES use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. SuSE

SLES 10 SP2 possible kernel problem, / slowly filling up

Hello Guys I first though about posting this to emergency but cause I fixed my issue with an reboot its not as important, more is important to me what caused this situation Some facts: OS: SLES 10 x64 SP2 (Virtualized Vmware ESX 3.5) / vmware tools status OK Soft: Oracle10g LVM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] a way to tell printer used by configured print queue?

Hello; As the title says, am trying to find our which driver is used for the alraedy working print queues.. neither hpnpf nor hppi seems to give that info .. Any ideas ?? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

8. AIX

Help with clear printer queue script in AIX 5.3

Good day UNIX forum, could you help me with my clear printer queue script, i have problems with the consistency of this function, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Thanks in advance } preRemovePrintQ(){ clear; echo; echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beware187
1 Replies

9. SuSE

Failure of Vmware Server 2 installation on SLES 11 SP2

Issue: I am trying to install Vmware Server 2(VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64) installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 and it fails with error: None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

10. High Performance Computing

Job Schedular for Suse Enterprise SLES 11 SP2

We have a server with 160 hyper-threaded cpu's threads and 2Tb of RAM. I need to implement command line job queue and parallel thread usage for multiple user environment kindly suggest necessary tools to be installed. I have understanding that sun grid engine like applications are available for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
0 Replies
P910ND(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 P910ND(8)

NAME
p910nd - port 9100+n printer daemon SYNOPSIS
p910nd [-f device] [-i bindaddr] [-bv] [0|1|2] DESCRIPTION
p910nd is a small daemon that copies any data received on the port it is listening on to the corresponding printer port. It is primarily intended for diskless Linux hosts running as printer drivers but there is no reason why it could not be used on diskful hosts. Port 9100 is copied to /dev/lp0, 9101 to /dev/lp1 and 9102 to /dev/lp2. The default is port 9100 to /dev/lp0. The -f option can be used to specify a different printer device, e.g. /dev/usblp0. The -i option can be used to specify binding to one address instead of all interfaces which is the default. The -b option turns on bidirectional copying. The -v option shows the version number. INSTALLATION
p910nd can be run as a standalone daemon or from (x)inetd. It will automatically detect if it is running under (x)inetd. A sample SysVinit script, p910nd.sh, is provided for operation as a daemon. p910nd will change its name under ps to match the printer port, i.e. p9100d, p9101d and p9102d. When running under (x)inetd, the /etc/inetd.conf entry should look something like this (with tcpwrappers protection): p9101 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /sbin/p910nd Don't forget to add an entry in /etc/services for the corresponding port. If operating with lprng, use the host%port syntax for the printer device to send jobs to it. If operating with CUPS, this is supported as the AppSocket protocol, also known as the JetDirect (probably TM) protocol. If operating with classic Berkeley lpd, a sample client, client.pl, is provided. This should be installed as the ifilter (if=) in /etc/printcap. banner.pl should be installed as the ofilter (of=) in /etc/printcap. It may be necessary to create a dummy spool file for lpd (lp=). This file will be opened but not written to. The corresponding C versions are left as an exercise for the reader. When running under inetd, more than one instance could be started. To avoid problems with multiple instances attempting to access the printer at the same time, make sure that only one client is active at any one time. This can be done by designating one host as the spooler and sending all jobs to this host. You will probably need to set up an intermediate queue anyway to provide print job filtering. If built with USE_WRAP, it uses the libwrap library (tcpwrappers). Access control can be done with /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. The service name is p910nd. DIAGNOSTICS
p910nd logs error messages to syslog. SEE ALSO
printcap(5), hosts_access(5) FILES
/var/run/p9100d.pid, /var/lock/p910nd/p9100d, /etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny COPYRIGHT
p910nd is under the GNU Public License Version 2 AUTHOR
Ken Yap (greenpossum ATSIGN users PERIOD sourceforge PERIOD net) DATE
Version 0.95 February 2011 16 February 2011 P910ND(8)