Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help in converting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help in converting Post 303027616 by kiran_hp on Thursday 20th of December 2018 11:56:00 AM
Old 12-20-2018
Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|"

Excel -
Code:
Serial Number	Serial Name	   Serial Brand
111                   test                     sample
123                   test2                   sample1
134                  134_test3             sample2
135                  135_test4            sample3

Reuested this to converted to .csv file with delimiter "|" and for the column Serial name.. if any of the records having serial number with Serial name, the serial number should be ignored... and the desired csv file should be like below

Code:
Serial Number|Serial Name	|Serial Brand
111|test|sample
123|test2|sample1
134|test3|sample2
135|test4|sample3

Last edited by Corona688; 12-20-2018 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Code tags for code please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting kb to mb

When I create filesystems in AIX i often get confused(using smit) When you specify size in aix, it is asked like this SIZE of file system (in 512-byte blocks) I never seem to grasp this, what is the equation to get say 500mb? Or is there a program anyone knows of that does this, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting .txt

Hello, I transferred some .txt files from windows to Unix. When i used the editor in Unix to open up the file, all the <cr> show up. How to I get rid of all of them? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to Uppercase

I want to convert string into uppercase string. How can i do that ? Ex: Enter the user name: read name show=upper(name) echo $show --- This output should be the uppercase output. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

4. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting \0 to a \n

Hi - I have seen some similar posts but I am a bit stumped here below is the first line of a 'od -c filename' command. I want to change the \0 to \n 0000000 l s \0 c d - \0 c d . . \0 l s I have tried a sed construct in a script......... sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Coins

Hi all, I have never written a script so I guess you could say I am very yellow.:) However, I could use some help.... I need to write a Korn Shell Script that converts coins. Meaning if I print or echo "Please enter amount:" and the user puts in 3.87, I need to know the least amount of coins... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzeman
11 Replies

7. SCO

library converting

Hi everybody Is there any sco unix command to convert .so library to .a (under sco unix openserver.5.0.6) tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help converting ctlU (^U) to a \12...

I have a file that ends with a ctlU: > cat -v test.file blah,blah,blah,GEAEA*1*xx0000111xxx^UIEA*xxx0^U would like to replace the ctlU (^U) with a "\12"...due to printers or something. I believe I might be able to utilize the tr command, if I could only identify the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Help converting my Script

So i have been asked to write a script for a friend who has a server running solaris 11. My problem is the correct syntax i can't seem to get it work with the follow code, i have read through the date man page and found no work around Below is the code for part of the rsync script. The code i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paperghost
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting empty value into NA

I have a set of values separated by a tab ch:12 1 3 4 ch:13 3 3 4 ch:25 1 8 ch:23 2 8 1 There is a missing value in the third column and i would like replace it with NA such that the final output would look like ch:12 1 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
7 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus - An extension to the Excel::Template module SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DISCLAIMER
This is the very first release of this module, it is an idea that I and Rob Kinyon (the author of Excel::Template) had discussed many times, but never got around to doing. This is the first attempt at bring this to reality, it may change radically as it evolves, so be warned. DESCRIPTION
This module is an extension of the Excel::Template module, which allows the user to use various "engines" from which you can create Excel files through Excel::Template. The idea is to use the existing (and very solid) excel file generation code in Excel::Template, but to extend its more templatey bits with more powerful options. The only engine currently provided is the Template Toolkit engine, which replaces Excel::Template's built in template features (the LOOP, and IF constructs) with the full power of TT. This is similar to the module Excel::Template::TT, but expands on that even further to try and create a more extensive system. You can use this module to create Excel::Template-compatible XML files using one of the supported engines. For example, with the TT engine you could create a Excel::Template XML file like: <workbook> <worksheet name="[% worksheet_name %]"> [% my_cols = get_list_of_columns %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <bold><cell>[% col %]</cell></bold> [% END %] </row> [% FOR my_row = get_list_of_objects %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <cell>[% my_row.$col %]</cell> [% END %] </row> [% END %] </worksheet> </workbook> Your TT template thus creates a XML file suitable to handing over to Excel::Template for processing. Excel::Template::Plus simplifies the template-creation and handing-over process. Future engine/plans include: Pure Perl This would allow you to write you Excel::Template files using Perl itself which would then output the XML for Excel::Template to consume. This would be modeled after the recently released Template::Declare module perhaps. TT Plugins/Macros/Wrappers This is basically anything which will make the TT engine easier to write templates for. I have experimented with some of these things, but I was not happy with any of them enough to release them yet. HTML::Template Excel::Template's templating features are based on HTML::Template, but the HTML::Template plugins and other goodies are not compatible. This engine would bring those things to Excel::Template. METHODS
new (%options) This method basically serves as a factory for creating new engine instances (for which Excel::Template::Plus::TT is the only one currently). The only parameter that it requires is engine, all other parameters are passed onto the engine's constructor (see the individual docs for more details on what is required). meta Access to the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module came out of several discussions I had with Rob Kinyon. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)