Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Choice: Draggable Editors or Smilie Box on Quick Editor Post 303026986 by Neo on Thursday 6th of December 2018 10:57:05 AM
Old 12-06-2018
If you reload the page it goes back to the standard position as the position is not persistent.

Having said that ... its not easy to move it "by accident" based on my testing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

editors?

Just started out with C and are looking for a good editor in *nix that marks the code with colors. This is maybe a newbie thing to have the C code in colors but i like it and you can almost always se when you are typing wrong. :) Ive heard that emacs should have that option but i havent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexdoctor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editors for UNIX

Where can i find editors for UNIX? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail utilities and editors.

I was wondering what other mail utilities besides 'mutt, unix mail, PINE and elm' are available for unix. Also, what other editors are around besides 'VI, pico, vim and emacs'... I've been searching the net looking for some answers, but nothing much has come up.. thanx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shonnie
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

opinions on video editors

What is everyones opinions on these video editors? PiTiVi Avidemux Cinelerra Kdenlive Kino Linux Video Editing: Top Five Linux Video Editors (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
FSEEK(3)								 1								  FSEEK(3)

fseek - Seeks on a file pointer

SYNOPSIS
int fseek (resource $handle, int $offset, [int $whence = SEEK_SET]) DESCRIPTION
Sets the file position indicator for the file referenced by $handle. The new position, measured in bytes from the beginning of the file, is obtained by adding $offset to the position specified by $whence. In general, it is allowed to seek past the end-of-file; if data is then written, reads in any unwritten region between the end-of-file and the sought position will yield bytes with value 0. However, certain streams may not support this behavior, especially when they have an underlying fixed size storage. PARAMETERS
o $handle -A file system pointer resource that is typically created using fopen(3). o $offset - The offset. To move to a position before the end-of-file, you need to pass a negative value in $offset and set $whence to SEEK_END. o $whence -$whence values are: o SEEK_SET - Set position equal to $offset bytes. o SEEK_CUR - Set position to current location plus $offset. o SEEK_END - Set position to end-of-file plus $offset. RETURN VALUES
Upon success, returns 0; otherwise, returns -1. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fseek(3) example <?php $fp = fopen('somefile.txt', 'r'); // read some data $data = fgets($fp, 4096); // move back to the beginning of the file // same as rewind($fp); fseek($fp, 0); ?> NOTES
Note If you have opened the file in append ( a or a+) mode, any data you write to the file will always be appended, regardless of the file position, and the result of calling fseek(3) will be undefined. Note Not all streams support seeking. For those that do not support seeking, forward seeking from the current position is accomplished by reading and discarding data; other forms of seeking will fail. SEE ALSO
ftell(3), rewind(3). PHP Documentation Group FSEEK(3)