Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Choice: Draggable Editors or Smilie Box on Quick Editor Post 303026985 by Corona688 on Thursday 6th of December 2018 10:49:10 AM
Old 12-06-2018
An uncommon and shining example of something Microsoft did right is the old Windows taskbar: It can be rearranged and resized if you want, but has a lock feature to prevent it happening by accident. What it lacks is a reset feature to un-ruin it when this inevitably happens anyway.

If this is made default, it ought to have lock and reset features in addition to disable.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

editors?

Just started out with C and are looking for a good editor in *nix that marks the code with colors. This is maybe a newbie thing to have the C code in colors but i like it and you can almost always se when you are typing wrong. :) Ive heard that emacs should have that option but i havent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexdoctor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editors for UNIX

Where can i find editors for UNIX? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail utilities and editors.

I was wondering what other mail utilities besides 'mutt, unix mail, PINE and elm' are available for unix. Also, what other editors are around besides 'VI, pico, vim and emacs'... I've been searching the net looking for some answers, but nothing much has come up.. thanx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shonnie
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

opinions on video editors

What is everyones opinions on these video editors? PiTiVi Avidemux Cinelerra Kdenlive Kino Linux Video Editing: Top Five Linux Video Editors (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
pam_console_appy(8)					   System Administrator's Manual				       pam_console_appy(8)

NAME
pam_console_apply - set or revoke permissions for users at the system console SYNOPSIS
pam_console_apply [-r] DESCRIPTION
pam_console_apply sets or resets permissions on devices in the same manner as pam_console. If /var/run/console.lock exists, pam_console_apply will grant permissions to the user listed therein. If the lock file does not exist, permissions are reset to those listed in /etc/security/console.perms, which should be configured to set permissions on devices so that root owns them. ARGUMENTS
-r Signals pam_console_apply to reset permissions. The default is to set permissions so that the user listed in /var/run/console.lock has access to the devices, and to reset permissions if no such file exists. FILES
/var/run/console.lock /etc/security/console.perms SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) console.perms(5) BUGS
Let's hope not, but if you find any, please report them via the "Bug Track" link at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ AUTHOR
Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com>, using code shamelessly stolen from parts of pam_console. Red Hat 2001/3/6 pam_console_appy(8)