Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Any hope for this bootlooping Sun V210? Post 303026754 by gull04 on Monday 3rd of December 2018 03:03:09 AM
Old 12-03-2018
Hi Vext01,

I have just been through the thread again and have a couple of quick questions/observations.

Firstly, it's fairly obvious (I think) that you are able to get into the ALOM and interact with it - just the ALOM doesn't seem to be communicating correctly with the system.

Secondly you mention that you removed a CPU, I'm not certain on this but from the dim and dark recesses of my memory I have this nagging feeling that these vSeries servers need CPU 0 to boot - although I would expect some better diagnostics than you are getting.

Finally, did you have any joy with the sc> showlogs or the sc> showenvironment commands?

Regards

Gull04

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire v210 display card

hi all, how can install a display card on a sun fire v210. regards. marcel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelious
2 Replies

2. Solaris

V210 to V440

I recently acquired a server for home use. Currently, I'm running a V210. I was wondering of a way to basically swap hard drives into the V440. I would like to avoid reinstall on the V440 for many reasons. Currently on the V440, when I try to boot up it forces itself into System Maintenance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adelsin
1 Replies

3. Solaris

V210 to V440

I'm currently trying to move a perfectly find harddrive from a V210 to a V440. From what I can tell, the disk labeling a bit different, (V210 is c1t0d0 and V440 is c0t0d0). My question is, what all do I have to change to get the V440 to boot off of this with very little complications. Right now, it... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
21 Replies

4. Solaris

Booting error in Sun V210

Sun Fire V210, No Keyboard Copyright 1998-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.13.2, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #61203679. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:a5:e4:df, Host ID: 83a5e4df. Boot device: net File and args: 100 Mbps FDX Link up Timeout waiting for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrudhul
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Connect using ALOM to Sun Fire V210

I have bought from eBay a second hand Sun Fire V210 server and I'm really stumped at the lack of complete instructions on how to connect to it. I don't have a Windows machine, I've only got Ubuntu and OS X computers. None of them have an old RS-232 port on them either. In saying that, I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danijeljames
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Forum & Sun Surefire V210 Access

Purchased a Sun Surefire V210 Server off eBay. Unable to Access the Terminal Mode via the Terminal MGT. Using Windows 7 home, and downloaded the ConEmu. The ConEmu brings up a Command line on the PC, and that's it. Being new to all this, I was expecting a Login prompt to pop up. Read the... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: screenprintr
22 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire V210 CPU Fan Temp too high?

Hey, I have a V210 with a failed CPU fan. The temperature is currently at 84C and I've been asked to wait a few weeks before replacing as its a production system and it cant be shut down yet. Is it too hot? Do I risk killing the CPU at this temp? Its been like this for a few weeks now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magarvo
5 Replies
PERCPU(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						 PERCPU(9)

NAME
percpu, percpu_alloc, percpu_free, percpu_getref, percpu_putref, percpu_foreach -- per-CPU storage allocator SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/percpu.h> typedef void (*percpu_callback_t)(void *, void *, struct cpu_info *); percpu_t * percpu_alloc(size_t size); void percpu_free(percpu_t *pc, size_t size); void * percpu_getref(percpu_t *pc); void percpu_putref(percpu_t *pc); void percpu_foreach(percpu_t *pc, percpu_callback_t cb, void *arg); DESCRIPTION
The machine-independent percpu interface provides per-CPU, CPU-local memory reservations to kernel subsystems. percpu_alloc(size) reserves on each CPU an independent memory region of size bytes that is local to that CPU, returning a handle (percpu_t) to those regions. A thread may subsequently ask for a pointer, p, to the region held by the percpu_t on the thread's current CPU. Until the thread relinquishes the pointer, or voluntarily sleeps, the thread may read or write the region at p without causing interprocessor memory synchronization. FUNCTIONS
percpu_alloc(size) Call this in thread context to allocate size bytes of local storage on each CPU. The storage is initialized with zeroes. Treat this as an expensive operation. percpu_alloc() returns NULL on failure, and a handle for the per-CPU storage on success. percpu_free(pc, size) Call this in thread context to return to the system the per-CPU storage held by pc. size should match the size passed to percpu_alloc(). When percpu_free() returns, pc is undefined. Treat this as an expensive operation. percpu_getref(pc) Disable preemption and return a pointer to the storage held by pc on the local CPU. Use percpu_getref() in either thread or inter- rupt context. Follow each percpu_getref() call with a matching call to percpu_putref(). percpu_putref(pc) Indicate that the thread is finished with the pointer returned by the matching call to percpu_getref(). Re-enables preemption. percpu_foreach(pc, cb, arg) On each CPU, for ci the corresponding struct cpu_info * and p the CPU-local storage held by pc, run (*cb)(p, arg, ci). Call this in thread context. cb should be non-blocking and fast. Do not rely on cb to be run on the CPUs in any particular order. CODE REFERENCES
The percpu interface is implemented within the file sys/kern/subr_percpu.c. SEE ALSO
atomic_ops(3), kmem(9), pcq(9), pool_cache(9), xcall(9) HISTORY
The percpu interface first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@NetBSD.org> BSD
January 23, 2010 BSD