Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers SCO OpenServer 5 Will Not Boot Post 303026564 by spock9458 on Thursday 29th of November 2018 01:47:09 PM
Old 11-29-2018
I guess it's good that I have retained the habit of never throwing anything away. I found an old 1U rack server with a SuperMicro mb model X7XBI, that has a 775 socket. I first tried installing my "new" hard drive with the recent O/S installation, and after making a few changes in the BIOS for the SATA config, there were no problems booting up!! I tried to do some changes with the mouse configuration because I still have no mouse working in the GI, but I really don't care about that. So then I installed my old hard drive with the working legacy app and everything booted up normally. Now it appears that the only hangup I have is with the NIC, and I want to see if there is any way to fix that. I have a PCI-Express slot in the server, but I did not spend the time to see if I have a separate NIC that will fit. The specs for the old mb say that I was using an Intel PRO100 (Intel 82550PM) LAN controller, and that is what still shows up in "scoadmin network" settings. The SuperMicro specs say that on this mb the LAN is Intel 82573V or 82573L. Is there going to be any way to add this new LAN card to my settings and get it to work? If someone can walk me through the steps, I would really appreciate it! I am excited to have come this far with equipment I already had.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot failure SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer

hello guys. I just installed SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer it went all the way to the end of the installation and the first boot try it gave me this message. not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

5. SCO

Ethereal for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7???

Which version of Ethereal can I use for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean2
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

9. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

10. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies
ARCMSR(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 ARCMSR(4)

NAME
arcmsr -- Areca Technology Corporation SATA/SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
arcmsr* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The arcmsr driver provides support for the PCI-X and PCI Express RAID controllers from Areca Technology Corporation: - ARC-1110 PCI-X 4 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1110ML PCI-X 4 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1120 PCI-X 8 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1120ML PCI-X 8 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1130 PCI-X 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1130ML PCI-X 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1160 PCI-X 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1160ML PCI-X 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1170 PCI-X 24 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1200 Rev A PCI Express 2 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1202 PCI Express 2 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1210 PCI Express 4 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1220 PCI Express 8 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1230 PCI Express 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1230ML PCI Express 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1231ML PCI Express 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1260 PCI Express 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1260ML PCI Express 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1261ML PCI Express 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1280 PCI Express 24 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1280ML PCI Express 24 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1680 PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1680LP PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1680i PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1680x PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1681 PCI-X 8 Port SAS RAID Controller These controllers support RAID levels 0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, and JBOD using either SAS or SATA II drives. arcmsr supports management and monitoring of the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. Please note, however, that to use some features that require special privileges, such as creating/removing hot-spares, pass-through disks or RAID volumes will require to have the password disabled in the firmware; otherwise a Permission denied error will be reported by bioctl(8). When a RAID 1 or 1+0 volume is created, either through the bioctl(8) command or controller's firmware, the volume won't be accessible until the initialization is done. A way to get access to the sd(4) device that corresponds to that volume without rebooting, is to issue the fol- lowing command (once the initialization is finished): $ scsictl scsibus0 scan any any The arcmsr driver will also report to the kernel log buffer any error that might appear when handling firmware commands, such as used by the bioctl(8) command. EVENTS
The arcmsr driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a volume or any drive connected to the volume is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8), scsictl(8) HISTORY
The arcmsr driver first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The arcmsr driver was originally written for OpenBSD by David Gwynne. It was ported to NetBSD and extended by Juan Romero Pardines. BSD
March 3, 2008 BSD