Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sysinfo output for lvm commands Post 303026386 by gsiva on Tuesday 27th of November 2018 01:39:50 AM
Old 11-27-2018
Hi Neo,

I didn't do any configuration in the Server..
When I did check with the /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

use_lvmetad=0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of 2 commands into 1 file

How could you put the output of two commands into one file using a single command? For example put the output of a grep command and a sort command into one file together. Here is another rough explanation of what I am trying to do; output of $ grep pattern file1 plus output of $ sort file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
8 Replies

2. Solaris

sysinfo command not found

Hi, I refer to this treat. I got the same objective, to capture serial number. when I type command sysinfo not found. but my system have 'man -s 2 sysinfo'. How to make sysinfo command work. FYI i'm using Solaris 10 11/06. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apip
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to fix the server to show SysInfo

Can someone help me in fixing this issue.. this is the result iam getting now.. ---------------------------------------------- Index of /SysInfo Parent Directory hndspdb1.html hndspdb2.html hndspdb3.html hndspdb4.html hndssdb1.html hndssdb2.html... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjamsheed
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sysinfo replacement?

What is everyone using as a multi-platform replacement for "sysinfo" (licensing required nowadays)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickslop
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect LVM commands to file in Red Hat

I have been trying to create a little script to direct system configuration information to a file, however when I run LVM commands (vgdisplay, lvdisplay...etc) nothing appears in my output file. This is what I currently have in my script: vgdisplay >> sysinfo.out everthing else seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvescot
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory --> MACOSX 10.6.4

duplicate thread I need a real help to compile a small program which compiles fine with g++ in Linux machines. However I need to compile-it in my machine with g++. I have this problem and I dont know how to solve it: sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory could someone please help me? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory --> MACOSX 10.6.4

I need a real help to compile a small program which compiles fine with g++ in Linux machines. However I need to compile-it in my machine with g++. I have this problem and I dont know how to solve it: sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory could someone please help me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

finding CPU count - reading sysinfo output

Hello, sysinfo throws out below 3 CPU counts. Can anyone help me understand what each of these means? CPU Count Socketed is 2 CPU Count Physical is 8 CPU Count Virtual is 16 First one seems obvious. However, I wonder how there can be 8 Physical CPUs, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
2 Replies
dtc_kill_vps_disk(8)					      System Manager's Manual					      dtc_kill_vps_disk(8)

NAME
dtc_kill_vps_disk - destroy LVM disks for freeing space SYNOPSIS
dtc_kill_vps_disk VPS_NUMBER [ lvm|loopback ] DESCRIPTION
dtc_kill_vps_disk This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. This script is used to delete a partitions that was used by a VPS. It will delete the normal partition that was used as a root disk, and the swap partition. dtc_kill_vps_disk is to be used by the dtc-xen SOAP server, but can also be used as a standalone userland tool. OPTIONS
VPS_NUMBER has to be a number between 01 and 19. Let's say the number is 16, and that dtc-xen is configured to use the volume group called lvm1, then this script will create /dev/lvm1/xen16 and /dev/lvm1/xen16swap. IMAGE_TYPE This parameter can have 2 values: either lvm or loopback. If ommited, then lvm is used. If lvm is used, then this script will create a partition using lvmcreate, otherwise it will create an image file. Both will later be used for the VPS. EXAMPLE
dtc_setup_vps_disk 04 lvm This will delete the 2 LVM partitions that were used by the VPS named xen04, the first one being the root partition, and the second one being the swap partition. VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_kill_vps_disk See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8), dtc_setup_vps_disk(8) dtc_kill_vps_disk(8)