Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing issues with shell script changes Post 303026246 by Rajesh A S on Thursday 22nd of November 2018 09:28:16 AM
Old 11-22-2018
Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date

date1 variable holds a date

and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows

Code:
 echo date1
  nawk 'BEGIN{
  FS=","
  print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx"
  print  "that meet the criteria for submission.</p>"
  }
  END{
  print "<p>Regards,<br>Application Team</p></BODY></HTML>"
  }
  ' /u001/Scripts/abc.txt > /u001/Scripts/abc.html

I have tried like this as follows,

Code:
gawk -i inplace 'NR==1{gsub(/xxyxx/,"$$date1")};1' /u001/Scripts/abc.html

I am getting search string replaced as $$date1 instead I want value of date1

and the following sed command is not working

Code:
sed -i 's/xyxx/'"$date1"'/' /u001/Scripts/abc.html

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Added code tags and deleted duplicate post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

facing problem in starting a process in background using shell script.

hey all, i am working on sun solaris machine and i want to start a process in background using shell script (actually i wanna start tomcat server using shell script). please dont tell me that append a & at last because this is not working in the shell script. i have also used nohup and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtomar
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in the sqlldr & shell script

Guys i am facing two problems : (1) when i create the sql loader file the date format i m getting is this 28-DEC-11 12.03.14.107137 AM; for this i m using this script but unable to load the files trailing nullcols ( SERIALNO, AMOUNT, CLASS, MDN, VDATE "to_date(:TIMESTAMP, 'DD-MON-YY... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xal_kaushi
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with tar and gzip !

Hi, I am trying to :- (1.) Tar the file and then (2.) Gzip it ! Tar command :- tar -cvf BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs Gzip command :- Gzip /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs/BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi, I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :- can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. No such file or directory How can I resolve this issue ? Please help. Thanks Please view this code tag video for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script execution issues

Hi, There's a shell script by name "download", which has been created as user "mgr" and that script needs to executed as user "dev". I tried giving privileges 701 on the script download. But it's throwing the error message bin]$ ./download /bin/bash: ./download: Permission denied ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with cronjobs

Hello Everyone, We have a cronjob scheduled to pick up files from one system and transfer to another system. the underlying code is a shell script. These cronjobs were working correctly until sometime. 2 days back they did not pick up the scripts but created empty logs. However when we tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rads
6 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with rsync

Hello Gurus, I am running rsync command to copy certain Directories and files into that directories to remote server. While ruuning the command all teh files has been copied but I am facing error. The below command I am executing to copy Directories and files to remote server: rsync -avrz ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)