Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script works, but I think it could be better and faster Post 303025775 by cornelvis on Monday 12th of November 2018 08:13:17 AM
Old 11-12-2018
btw I forgot to mention that one VM has the files and the other doesn't, just for testing purposes. SO you will see that in the log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works fine until I | more

Hello all, This beats me. I have a script that executes some commands and redirects their output to some text files that I will parse. The commands are along the lines of: dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -outfile=/home/tools/qlog.txt q log f=d If I just run the script it works. If I execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skovian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how come this script works?

#!/usr/bin/perl open (DATA, file.txt); @array = <DATA>; close (DATA); open (DATA, ">$file.txt"); for (@array) { s/text/replace text/; push(@contents,$_); } seek(DATA, 0, 0); print DATA (@contents); close(DATA); could someone please explain how this works. i've been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Country Codes script faster response ;please help

Dear all I have group of input lines which look like this These input lines is placed in a file named phonelines.txt and there is a script which match $4 and $5 with country codes placed in another file named country-codes.txt and its contents is : Italy 39 Libyana 21892 Thuraya... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone make this script run faster?

One of our servers runs Solaris 8 and does not have "ls -lh" as a valid command. I wrote the following script to make the ls output easier to read and emulate "ls -lh" functionality. The script works, but it is slow when executed on a directory that contains a large number of files. Can anyone make... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works with bash 3.0 but not 3.2.

Hello, So my knowledge of bash scripting is not that great and I have been trying to solve this problem on my own for awhile to no avail. Here's the error I get when running it with an OS that uses bash 3.2.x: testagain.sh: line 10: *-1: syntax error: operand expected (error token is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forkandspoon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse a file faster

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2 op=-1 msgId=-1 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script faster

Hi all, In bash scripting, I use to read files: cat $file | while read line; do ... doneHowever, it's a very slow way to read file line by line. E.g. In a file that has 3 columns, and less than 400 rows, like this: I run next script: cat $line | while read line; do ## Reads each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script run faster

Can someone help me edit the below script to make it run faster? Shell: bash OS: Linux Red Hat The point of the script is to grab entire chunks of information that concerns the service "MEMORY_CHECK". For each chunk, the beginning starts with "service {", and ends with "}". I should... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize shell script to run faster

data.file: contact { contact_name=royce-rolls modified_attributes=0 modified_host_attributes=0 modified_service_attributes=0 host_notification_period=24x7 service_notification_period=24x7 last_host_notification=0 last_service_notification=0 host_notifications_enabled=1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies
tracker-store(1)						   User Commands						  tracker-store(1)

NAME
tracker-store - database indexer and query daemon SYNOPSIS
tracker-store [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-store provides both a powerful database daemon which allows clients to query or update their data using the highly descriptive SPARQL language. tracker-store does not do any file crawling or any mining of data itself, instead other processes do that and serves as a daemon waiting for such requests from application miners like tracker-miner-fs. OPTIONS
-?, --help A brief help message including some examples. -V, --version Returns the version of this binary. -v, --verbosity={0|1|2|3} Sets the logging level, 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed, 3=debug. -r, --force-reindex This forces tracker-store to remove databases and to recreate fresh databases ready for data insertion from the miners. For more information about the miners, see tracker-miner-fs. -m, --low-memory This changes the behavior of the database manager and some other parts of tracker-store to be optimized for lower memory systems by lowering database connection cache sizes and page sizes for example. This may slow down indexing performance. -n, --readonly-mode This starts tracker-store in a mode which disables writing to the database. Only SPARQL read requests can be serviced if this option is used. ENVIRONMENT
TRACKER_DB_ONTOLOGIES_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the .ontology files from. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. TRACKER_LANGUAGE_STOP_WORDS_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the stop words dictionaries from. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. TRACKER_STORE_MAX_TASK_TIME This is maximum time allowed for a process to finish before interruption happens. The actual moment of interruption depends also on the frequency of checks. The value 0 indicates no interruption. This environment variable is used mainly for testing purposes. TRACKER_STORE_SELECT_CACHE_SIZE / TRACKER_STORE_UPDATE_CACHE_SIZE Tracker caches database statements which occur frequently to make subsequent repeat queries much faster. The cache size is set to 100 by default for each type (select and update queries). This must be at least 2 as a minimum, any less and a value of 3 is used instead. The number represents the number of cached statements to keep around. This environment variable is used mainly for testing purposes. TRACKER_PRAGMAS_FILE Tracker has a fixed set of PRAGMA settings for creating its SQLite connection. With this environment variable pointing to a text file you can override these settings. The file is a separated list of SQLite queries to execute on any newly created SQLite con- nection in tracker-store. TRACKER_DISABLE_MEEGOTOUCH_LOCALE If Tracker is compiled with meegotouch locale management support, setting this variable in the environment will disable retrieving the locale from GConf, and the standard locale settings will be used instead. TRACKER_USE_LOG_FILES Don't just log to stdout and stderr, but to log files too which are kept in $HOME/.local/share/tracker/. This came into effect in 0.15.3 and 0.16.0. After this version of Tracker, logging to file (usually useful for debugging) can only be done by declaring this environment variable. TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES Don't use GSettings, instead use a config file similar to how settings were saved in 0.10.x. That is, a file which is much like an .ini file. These are saved to $HOME/.config/tracker/ NOTES
tracker-store is highly bound to the D-Bus freedesktop project. A D-Bus session is needed for all Tracker processes to communicate between each other. D-Bus is our acting IPC. See dbus-daemon(1) for more information. SEE ALSO
tracker-applet(1), tracker-search-tool(1), tracker-search(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-services(1), tracker-info(1), tracker-control(1), http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/ dbus-daemon(1), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus GNU
September 2009 tracker-store(1)