Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple script for resize, crop and optimize jpg Post 303025771 by Neo on Monday 12th of November 2018 05:54:54 AM
Old 11-12-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin

Some finishing touches you should implement, though: an instructive help message (see the program code for pointers where to put it), some more checks if files are really in JPG format (the extension actually says nothing, i could rename any file to "file.jpg") for which i recommend the file utility.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
Wow. What a great reply and implementation tutorial.

Thank you for the inspiring post!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

optimize the script

Hi, I have this following script below. Its searching a log file for 2 string and if found then write the strings to success.txt and If not found write strings to failed.txt . if one found and not other...then write found to success.txt and not found to failed.txt. I want to optimize this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we optimize this simple script ?

Hi All , I am just a new bie in Unix/Linux . With help of tips from 'here and there' , I just created a simple script to 1. declare one array and some global variables 2. read the schema names from user (user input) and want2proceed flag 3. if user want to proceed , keep reading user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

optimize shell script (snapshots)

I've a script to do some snapshots but the time it does so is very different... once i got a snapshot under 1 sec, on the other hand it took 3 sec, but nothing else changed, i didnt even move the cursor or something. I put the script on a ramdisk and its faster, but still swing from under 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcW
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find jpg's mkdir script help

I am having a problem getting this to work right. The script needs to search through directories and subdirectories. If a jpg is found then create a folder in that directory, so on and so forth. Here is what I have so far but it doesn't work right. Help please #!/bin/bash for d in `find ./... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jedhypes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize and Speedup the script

Hi All, There is a script (test.sh) which is taking more CPU usage. I am attaching the script in this thread. Could anybody please help me out to optimize the script in a better way. Thanks, Gobinath (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
6 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help to optimize script running time

Dear Forum experts I have the below script which I made to run under bash shell, it runs perfectly for low records number, let us say like 100000. when I put all records (3,000,000), it's takes hours can you please suggest anything to optimize or to run in different way :-| {OFS="|";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

optimize if block : shell script

Hi, I need a shell script to determine if a no. is either even, greater than 4, less than 8 SHELL : ksh OS : RHEL 6 this is the if block of the script mod=`expr $num % 2` if || || then echo "No. is either even or greater than 4 or less than 8" fi this code works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize my mv script

Hello, I'm wondering if there is a quicker way of doing this. Here is my mv script. d=/conversion/program/out cd $d ls $d > /home/tempuser/$$tmp while read line ; do a=`echo $line|cut -c1-5|sed "s/_//g"` b=`echo $line|cut -c16-21` if ;then mkdir... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Optimize the Script Further

Hi All, I have written a new script to check for DB space and size of dump log file before it can be imported into a Oracle DB. I'm relatively new to shell scripting. Please help me optimize this script further. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
0 Replies
PUZZLE-DIFF(1)															    PUZZLE-DIFF(1)

NAME
puzzle-diff - Compare pictures with libpuzzle SYNOPSIS
[-b <contrast barrier for cropping>] [-c] [-C <max cropping ratio>] [-e] [-E <similarity threshold>] [-h] [-H <max height>] [-l <lambdas>] [-n <noise cutoff>] [-p <p ratio>] [-t] [-W <max width>] <file 1> <file 2> DESCRIPTION
puzzle-diff compares two pictures and outputs the normalized distance. Try puzzle-diff -h for more info. EXAMPLES
Output distance between two images: $ puzzle-diff pic-a-0.jpg pics-a-1.jpg 0.102286 Compare two images, exit with 10 if they look the same, exit with 20 if they don't (may be useful for scripts): $ puzzle-diff -e pic-a-0.jpg pics-a-1.jpg $ echo $? 10 Compute distance, without cropping and with computing the average intensity of the whole blocks: $ puzzle-diff -p 1.0 -c pic-a-0.jpg pic-a-1.jpg 0.0523151 AUTHORS
Frank DENIS libpuzzle at pureftpd dot org SEE ALSO
libpuzzle(3), puzzle_set(3) 2012-05-09 PUZZLE-DIFF(1)