Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to apply functions to multiple columns dynamically Post 303025751 by RudiC on Sunday 11th of November 2018 12:24:04 PM
Old 11-11-2018
Please be aware that the md5sum of '10,abc' will NEVER be 73aca49763216fb96bbc2acef7b60afb as it is case sensitive.
Looks like you want a comma included. Try
Code:
awk -F\| '
NR == 1         {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ("," MCOL "," ~ "," $i ",") COL[++CNT] = i
                 print $0, "HASHED COLUMNS", "HASHVALUE"
                 next
                }
                {TMP = ""
                 for (i=1; i<=CNT; i++) TMP = TMP "," $(COL[i])
                 ("echo -n " substr (TMP, 2) " | md5sum") | getline MD5
                 sub (/ *-/, "", MD5)
                 print $0, MCOL, MD5
                }
' OFS="|" MCOL="ID,NAME" file
ID|NAME|AGE|GENDER|HASHED COLUMNS|HASHVALUE
10|ABC|30|M|ID,NAME|73aca49763216fb96bbc2acef7b60afb
20|DEF|20|F|ID,NAME|9d6555fe65eb60b2f7d9174b56f667f5

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

reallocating structures dynamically in functions

I've recently started using structures, but I am having problems in allocating the structure dynamically. In the code below if i allocate the structure in the main program it works fine, and i get the expected output. However if i use the function rper below to increase the size of the structure i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cezaryn
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing dynamically multiple shell

I want to launch some shell scripts. I would have the possibility to change the number of shell scripts launched dynamically by modifying a variable, or a configuration file. For example, I start to launch 4 scripts at the same time, and after that, by modifying a variable, 6 scripts are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzo38
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script dynamically case in VAR

Hallo, I am working on a kdialog. This shall be able to load the required commands from a .conf file. First step runs good by loading the entries (selectabel entries) in a variable: MIRRORSELECT=$(kdialog --radiolist "Select your nearest mirror" $VAR1) The kdialog is accordingly correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACTGADE
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create the files dynamically in c shell script

how can i CREATE a txt file dynamically in c shell: for instance: #! /bin/csh for each i (*) cat>file$i.txt for each j do .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Two Columns - Apply Condition on Six other columns

Hello All, Here is my input univ1 chr1 100 200 - GeneA 500 1 0 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 univ1 chr1 100 200 - GeneA 600 1 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.1 univ1 chr1 100 200 - GeneA 700 1 0 0.4 0.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I apply 'date' command to specific columns, in a BASH script?

Hi everyone, I have a situation in which I have multiple (3 at last count) date columns in a CSV file (, delim), which need to be changed from: January 1 2017 (note, no comma after day) to: YYYY-MM-DD So far, I am able to convert a date using: date --date="January 12, 1990" +%Y-%m-%d ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardsantink
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print multiple required columns dynamically in a file using the header name?

Hi All, i am trying to print required multiple columns dynamically from a fie. But i am able to print only one column at a time. i am new to shell script, please help me on this issue. i am using below script awk -v COLT=$1 ' NR==1 { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
DPKG-AWK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-AWK(1)

NAME
dpkg-awk - Utility to read a dpkg style db file SYNOPSIS
dpkg-awk [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-awk Parses a dpkg status file (or other similarly formatted file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, it can also be told which fields to output, and it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are output for each record. If the first field listed begins with ^, then the list of fields that follows will NOT be output. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on your own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-AWK(1)