Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Differences with gawk on cmd vs cygwin Post 303025718 by Xterra on Saturday 10th of November 2018 10:20:19 AM
Old 11-10-2018
That worked like a charm! Thanks a TON!
PS. Still, I am bit curious, would it be possible to fix the script in such way that can be run directly from the cmd terminal?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk HELP

I have to compare records in two files. It can be done using gawk/awk but i am unable to do it. Please help me File1 ABAAAAAB BC asa sa ABAAABAA BC bsa sm ABBBBAAA BC bxz sa ABAAABAB BC csa sa ABAAAAAA BC dsa sm ABBBBAAB BC dxz sa File 2 ABAAAAAB BC aas ba ABAAAAAB BC asa sa... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cygwin <--> CMD App Problem (Terminal Type?)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it is. We have a nightly process that runs on an HP-UX box to stop our application and backend database servers, unmount their SAN hosted file systems, and then snapshot the SAN LUNs for backup and refresh of data on "report" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Help

Hi, I am using the script to print the portion of the file containing a particular string. But it is giving error "For Reading (No such file or directory). I am using cygwin as unix simulator. cat TT35*.log | gawk -v search="12345678" ' /mSOriginating /,/disconnectingParty/ { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand420
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

9. SCO

Need help with gawk

I am trying to use gawk to search a file and put the second value of the string into a string. gawk -F: '$1~/CXFR/ {print $2}' go.dat Below is the file 'go.dat' ==================== HOME :/ CTMP :/tmp CUTL :/u/rdiiulio/bin CWRK :/u/work CXFR :/u/xfer ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trolley
1 Replies
TRACE-CMD-CHECK_EV(1)													     TRACE-CMD-CHECK_EV(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-check-events - parse the event formats on local system SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd check-events [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) check-events parses format strings for all the events on the local system. It returns whether all the format strings can be parsed correctly. It will load plugins unless specified otherwise. This is useful to check for any trace event format strings which may contain some internal kernel function references which cannot be decoded outside of the kernel. This may mean that either the unparsed format strings of the trace events need to be changed or that a plugin needs to be created to parse them. OPTIONS
-N - Don't load plugins SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1), trace-cmd-start(1) AUTHOR
Written by Vaibhav Nagarnaik, <vnagarnaik@google.com[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. vnagarnaik@google.com mailto:vnagarnaik@google.com 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-CHECK_EV(1)