Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure Solaris zone on new network Post 303025611 by sparcman on Wednesday 7th of November 2018 06:29:48 AM
Old 11-07-2018
Thanks for the reply Hicksd8, but I did find out what I needed to do. Configuring the /etc/defaultrouter doesn't seem to work within the child zone. I had to configure the 'set defrouter=X.X.X.X' within the zone config. That enabled the default route I needed in order for the child zone to use the new network configured on the global zone. This does bring a problem though on the global zone as there is now more than one default route configured on it. Oracle don't recommend you do it this way due to this problem, but don't offer an alternative really.
We can live with that though as the global zone is only hosting child zones and nothing else. The zones seem to be working fine now.

Sparcman

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure the network at Sun Solaris

Can anybody help me on how to configure the network in Sun Solaris. This is my first time to touch sun system please help!!!:confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameswong
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure a network printer on solaris

Hi, guys, recently my os changed to solaris 10, and i want to share the printer with another computer whose os is also solaris. Is there anyone could give me a hint to fix this problem. lpadmin -p hp5200 -v /dev/null -A write -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papertiger
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network

Hello, I followed these instructions to create a Solaris 11 zone: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html And I am unable to ping anything from the Local Zone except for the IP address of the global zone. My global zone has an IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
ATALKD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ATALKD(8)

NAME
atalkd - AppleTalk RTMP, NBP, ZIP, and AEP manager SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/atalkd [ -f configfile ] [ -1 | -2 ] DESCRIPTION
atalkd is responsible for all user level AppleTalk network management. This includes routing, name registration and lookup, zone lookup, and the AppleTalk Echo Protocol (similar to ping(8)). atalkd is typically started at boot time, out of /etc/rc. It first reads from its configuration file, /etc/atalk//atalkd.conf. If there is no configuration file, atalkd will attempt to configure all available interfaces and will create a configuration file. The file consists of a series of interfaces, one per line. Lines with `#' in the first column are ignored, as are blank lines. The syntax is interface [ -seed ] [ -phase number ] [ -net net-range ] [ -addr address ] [ -zone zonename ] ... Note that all field except the interface are optional. The loopback interface is configured automatically. If -seed is specified, all other fields must be present. Also, atalkd will exit during bootstrapping, if a router disagrees with its seed information. If -seed is not given, all other information may be overriden during auto-configuration. If no -phase option is given, the default phase as given on the command line is used (the default is 2). If -addr is given and -net is not, a net-range of one is assumed. The first -zone directive for each interface is the ``default'' zone. Under Phase 1, there is only one zone. Under Phase 2, all routers on the network are configured with the default zone and must agree. atalkd maps ``*'' to the default zone of the first interface. Note: The default zone for a machine is determined by the configuration of the local routers; to appear in a non-default zone, each service, e.g. afpd, must individually specify the desired zone. See also nbp_name(3). ROUTING
If you are connecting a netatalk router to an existing AppleTalk internet, you should first contact your local network administrators to obtain appropriate network addresses. atalkd can provide routing between interfaces by configuring multiple interfaces. Each interface must be assigned a unique net-range between 1 and 65279 (0 and 65535 are illegal, and addresses between 65280 and 65534 are reserved for startup). It is best to choose the smallest useful net-range, i.e. if you have three machines on an Ethernet, don't chose a net-range of 1000-2000. Each net-range may have an arbitrary list of zones associated with it. EXAMPLE
Below is an example configuration file for a sun4/40. The machine has two interfaces, ``le0'' and ``le1''. The ``le0'' interface is con- figured automatically from other routers on the network. The machine is the only router for the ``le1'' interface. le0 le1 -seed -net 9461-9471 -zone netatalk -zone Argus atalkd automatically acts as a router if there is more than one interface. FILES
/etc/atalk//atalkd.conf configuration file BUGS
On some systems, atalkd can not be restarted. netatalk 1.3 17 Nov 1995 ATALKD(8)