Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grandpa returning to UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grandpa returning to UNIX Post 303025494 by fossiili on Sunday 4th of November 2018 04:57:42 AM
Old 11-04-2018
Thank you for correcting my memories! I'm glad to notice that here are some other persons old enough to remember those days Smilie

------ Post updated at 11:57 AM ------

I have an other computer connected to Internet. I tried Ifconfig:
Code:
[root@localhost ukki]# ifconfig
enp0s31f6: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.1.100  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255
        inet6 fe80::7285:c2ff:fe49:7fb1  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 70:85:c2:49:7f:b1  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 5222  bytes 3579646 (3.4 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 5014  bytes 675106 (659.2 KiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 16  memory 0xdf000000-df020000  

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 6  bytes 498 (498.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 6  bytes 498 (498.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

[root@localhost ukki]#

Smilie

Is there some terminal command to see the address of DNS Server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Returning Strings from C program to Unix shell script

Hi, Iam calling a C program from a Unix shell script. The (C) program reads encrypted username/password from a text file , decrypts and returns the decrypted string. Is there any way i can return the decrypted string to Unix shell program. My shell script uses the output of the program to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satguyz
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pclose returning -1

Hi all, In my application i am trying to select some text & then give it to print. for this i am opening a stream using popen & then later closing using pclose. Now this is working fine in my environment (solaris) but the pclose function is failing at my clients m/c. Even though print is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimishm123
3 Replies

3. Programming

Returning Strings from C program to Unix shell script

Hi, I'm having a requirement where I need to call a C program from a shell script and return the value from the C program to shell script. I refered a thread in this forum. But using that command in the code, it is throwing an error clear_text_password=$(get_password) Error: bash:... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

ps-eo returning wrong value

Hi Need some help, bit of a noobie here. This command work perfectly with unix. returns a value of 1 which is what i want. ps -eo user,comm |grep -v grep |grep -c /path to file When i run the same command on a linux server it returns a value of 0., something maybe wrong with the command.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wneutt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to capture oracle function returning 2 values in unix

i have an oracle function which returns two values, one is the error message if the function encounters anything and another one which returns a number i need to capture both and pass it on to unix shell script how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning -ve value in a pattern

Dear Friends, I need your help once more. I want to write a simple select as follows select amount from books where sr=1234 However, if value of "Amount" is negative then it should print it as follows. "3000-" and not as "-3000" Can you help me in this? Waiting for reply Anu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control from UNIX script is not returning to the Parent program

Hi All, My program flow is as below Windows batch -- > Cygwin batch --> zsh script There are multiple Cygwin batch scripts that are called from Windows batch file . But when i am executing the first cygwin batch script the control goes to the zsh file and executes and stoping from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have a UNIX script which will prepare anonymous oracle pl/sql block in a temporary file in run time and passes this file to sqlplus as given below. cat > $v_Input_File 2>>$v_Log << EOF BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DML PARALLEL 16'; EXECUTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have exactly same issue @vikas_trl had in following link: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/259854-control-not-returning-sqlplus-calling-unix-shell-script.html I wonder if he or somebody else could find the issue's cause or the solution. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoQ
4 Replies
GRE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GRE(4)

NAME
gre -- encapsulating network device SYNOPSIS
To compile the driver into the kernel, place the following line in the kernel configuration file: device gre Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_gre_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The gre network interface pseudo device encapsulates datagrams into IP. These encapsulated datagrams are routed to a destination host, where they are decapsulated and further routed to their final destination. The ``tunnel'' appears to the inner datagrams as one hop. gre interfaces are dynamically created and destroyed with the ifconfig(8) create and destroy subcommands. This driver corresponds to RFC 2784. Encapsulated datagrams are prepended an outer datagram and a GRE header. The GRE header specifies the type of the encapsulated datagram and thus allows for tunneling other protocols than IP. GRE mode is also the default tunnel mode on Cisco routers. gre also supports Cisco WCCP protocol, both version 1 and version 2. The gre interfaces support a number of additional parameters to the ifconfig(8): grekey Set the GRE key used for outgoing packets. A value of 0 disables the key option. enable_csum Enables checksum calculation for outgoing packets. enable_seq Enables use of sequence number field in the GRE header for outgoing packets. EXAMPLES
192.168.1.* --- Router A -------tunnel-------- Router B --- 192.168.2.* / / +------ the Internet ------+ Assuming router A has the (external) IP address A and the internal address 192.168.1.1, while router B has external address B and internal address 192.168.2.1, the following commands will configure the tunnel: On router A: ifconfig greN create ifconfig greN inet 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.1 ifconfig greN inet tunnel A B route add -net 192.168.2 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1 On router B: ifconfig greN create ifconfig greN inet 192.168.2.1 192.168.1.1 ifconfig greN inet tunnel B A route add -net 192.168.1 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 NOTES
The MTU of gre interfaces is set to 1476 by default, to match the value used by Cisco routers. This may not be an optimal value, depending on the link between the two tunnel endpoints. It can be adjusted via ifconfig(8). For correct operation, the gre device needs a route to the decapsulating host that does not run over the tunnel, as this would be a loop. The kernel must be set to forward datagrams by setting the net.inet.ip.forwarding sysctl(8) variable to non-zero. SEE ALSO
gif(4), inet(4), ip(4), me(4), netintro(4), protocols(5), ifconfig(8), sysctl(8) A description of GRE encapsulation can be found in RFC 2784 and RFC 2890. AUTHORS
Andrey V. Elsukov <ae@FreeBSD.org> Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de> BUGS
The current implementation uses the key only for outgoing packets. Incoming packets with a different key or without a key will be treated as if they would belong to this interface. The sequence number field also used only for outgoing packets. BSD
November 7, 2014 BSD