Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Changing CSV files with date . Subtracting date by values Post 303025414 by Peasant on Friday 2nd of November 2018 03:52:54 AM
Old 11-02-2018
Here is my try for the operation, perhaps a more shorter / better solution can be made ...

Code:
BEGIN {
FS=","
mweek=52
}
NR > 1{
year=substr($(NF-1),1,4)
week=substr($(NF-1),5,6)
variance=( year > 2015 ) ? 6 : 5

if ( int(week) == variance ) { week=mweek ; year=year - 1 ; sub($(NF-1),year week,$(NF-1)) }
else if ( int(week) < variance ) { week=mweek - (variance - week) ; year=year-1 ; sub($(NF-1),year week,$(NF-1)) }
else { week=sprintf("%02d",week - variance) ; sub($(NF-1),year week,$(NF-1)) }
} 1

Save as program.awk and run as awk -f program.awk input
Year is hardcoded and if variance needs to change, so does zero padding in week variable declaration.

Your input seems the have year on field $5 or $6 which varies on lines, but always on $(NF-1) or a one field before last ?

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtracting a days from current date

Hi i am trying to subtract days from current date. For example todays date is 10/03/2006. If i subtract 2 days it should give 8/03/2006. I am also trying to find the access date of a file in dd/mm/yyyy format. Can any one please help in how to do this. Ramesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshspal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting date / timestamps

I have looked through the forums and found many date / time manipulation tools, but cannot seem to find something that fits my needs for the following. I have a log file with date time stamps like this: Jun 21 17:21:52 Jun 21 17:24:56 Jun 21 17:27:59 Jun 21 17:31:03 Jun 21 17:34:07 Jun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roadcyclist
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding or subtracting days in the o/p of date

how can we add or subtract days from the output of date command in unix... like if i want to subtract a day from the result of date command like this.. v_date=`date +%Y%m%d` this wud give me 20080519 now i want to subtract one day from this.. so tht it wud give me 20080518.. how do i do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: St.Fartatric
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv folders/files without changing modified date?

Hi all, I'm using Red Hat Linux and want to move some folders and files around but not change the modified date. Is this possible? I know cp has a -p flag which seems to do what I want, but this is a large volume of data so copying and deleting would not be feasible. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL one liner for subtracting 1 from date

I got a statement like below to subtract 1 from given date using teradata. I am looking for a one line unix command to perform the same. select 'parse_this_record', (DATE '${FILE_DATE}' - 1) (FORMAT 'YYYY-MM-DD'); Input: 2012-02-21 Expected Output: 2012-02-20 PS: One liner because I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date format in CSV file

I have a CSV file with a date format like this; 11/19/2012 17:37:00,1.372,121.6 11/19/2012 17:38:00,0.743,121.6 Want to change the time stamp to seconds after 1970 so I can get the data in rrdtool. For anyone interested, this is data from a TED5000 unit and is Kwatts and volts. Needs to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ottsm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding/ Subtracting from Date

Hi , How can I add/substruct x number of days with date? For example My_Date=`date` Now I need Hope it's clear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting months from passed Date

Hi All, I am getting a date from environment variable and want to do some processing by subtracting 2 months from the date passed through the environment variable. I am trying the following syntax : date_var=2014-08-31 date_2M_ago='$date_var+"%d%m%y" --$date_var="2 months ago" '... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul Raj
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting a date based on ls output

I am trying to achieve to get only the month and the day. Example Feb 5 (as you can see if it is feb 1-9) the space is 2. If it is feb 10-28, the space is only 1. I am trying to right a script that will list a directory and shoot an email if there is an activity in last 7 days. I dont really trust... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
5 Replies
hdate_struct(3) 						libhdate C language						   hdate_struct(3)

NAME
hdate_struct - libhdate Hebrew date struct SYNOPSIS
#include <hdate.h> Data Fields int hd_day int hd_mon int hd_year int gd_day int gd_mon int gd_year int hd_dw int hd_size_of_year int hd_new_year_dw int hd_year_type int hd_jd int hd_days int hd_weeks Detailed Description libhdate Hebrew date struct Field Documentation int hdate_struct::hd_day The number of day in the hebrew month (1..31). int hdate_struct::hd_mon The number of the hebrew month 1..14 (1 - tishre, 13 - adar 1, 14 - adar 2). int hdate_struct::hd_year The number of the hebrew year. int hdate_struct::gd_day The number of the day in the month. (1..31) int hdate_struct::gd_mon The number of the month 1..12 (1 - jan). int hdate_struct::gd_year The number of the year. int hdate_struct::hd_dw The day of the week 1..7 (1 - sunday). int hdate_struct::hd_size_of_year The length of the year in days. int hdate_struct::hd_new_year_dw The week day of Hebrew new year. int hdate_struct::hd_year_type The number type of year. int hdate_struct::hd_jd The Julian day number int hdate_struct::hd_days The number of days passed since 1 tishrey int hdate_struct::hd_weeks The number of weeks passed since 1 tishrey Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libhdate C language from the source code. Version 1.4 Sun Jan 8 2012 hdate_struct(3)