Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu very slow after repartitioning Post 303025348 by Neo on Wednesday 31st of October 2018 08:15:51 AM
Old 10-31-2018
We run Ubuntu 18.04 and have not seen any problem with delayed booting.

Code:
lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release:	18.04
Codename:	bionic

However, we run as a server, not as a desktop with an external mouse, etc.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

repartitioning

Hi. I am working on a Sunblade with Solaris 8 installed. 2 hard disks, not mirrored or striped. The person who set it up originally had not given /usr it's own partition. The second disk is one large partition with a directory mounted on it. We are running Apache on this machine to work with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmh
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Repartitioning scsi drive in Nextstep

Need to change the partitions on a SCSI drive with Nextstep. df shows filesystem kbytes used avail cap mounted on /dev/sd0a 2051824 231924 13% / /dev/sd0b 998332 9 0% /Vol2 /dev/sd0c 998332 9 0% /Vol3 /dev/sd0d 998332 9 0% /Vol4 /dev/sd0e 998332 9 0% /Vol5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Repartitioning hard drive on Solaris10

Hello, Is it possible to repartition hard drive on Solaris10 without deleting all the content of the drive? I have a workstation with 40G drive that has two partitions 4G and 36G. The big partition is allocated for /export/home and small for everything else (don't ask me why, I did not set it up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pn8830
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing and repartitioning NTFS with gParted?

Sorry that this is slightly OT, but in my defence, I intend to install Linux (and probably others). I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista preinstalled; and though there is no love between me and MS, I would like to keep it (I paid for it after all). I have 2 x 500GB HDD. The extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koppe
1 Replies

5. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Metaset repartitioning

Dear all, This metaset stuff drive me crazy. The story begin with the Solaris 8 upgrade.... We have a pair of Solaris 8 with Sun Cluster 3.1, to prevent a long downtime, the Live Upgrade was chosen. As metadb cannot use LU to upgrade directly, we remove the diskset before upgrade, and put it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfoo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu seems running slow!

Hello, My PC seems running slow: OS32 system, Pentium(R)4---2.40Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDI am running Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) alone in this box, which seems very slow to me. Is this normal? Compared with my other PC (Running XP) with 1.99GHz AMD Athlon 3200+, 2GB RAM,500GB HD, XP and Mint... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
11 Replies
FSG(1)									FSG								    FSG(1)

NAME
FSG - manual page for FSG lsb_release v2.0-SuSE SYNOPSIS
lsb_release [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
FSG lsb_release v2.0-SuSE prints certain LSB (Linux Standard Base) and Distribution information. With no OPTION specified defaults to -v. OPTIONS
-v, --version Display the version of the LSB specification against which the distribution is compliant. -i, --id Display the string id of the distributor. -d, --description Display the single line text description of the distribution. -r, --release Display the release number of the distribution. -c, --codename Display the codename according to the distribution release. -a, --all Display all of the above information. -s, --short Use short output format for information requested by other options (or version if none). -h, --help Display this message. FILES
If the installation is LSB compliant, the "/etc/lsb-release" file should contain the LSB_VERSION field. The value of the field should be a colon separated list of supported module versions indicating the LSB specification modules to which the installation is compliant. If the installation is not compliant, the above field should not be present. Optional fields are DISTRIB_ID, DISTRIB_RELEASE, DISTRIB_CODENAME, DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION and can be used to override information which is parsed from the "/etc/distrib-release" file. If the "/etc/lsb-release.d" directory exists, it is searched for filenames which are taken as additional module-version strings to add to LSB_VERSION. The "/etc/distrib-release" file contains a description line which is parsed to get information (especially on currently non-LSB compliant systems). The required line style is: "Distributor release x.x (Codename)" Where Distributor can be a couple of words, but then concatenated (i.e. Linux Foo BarLinux Linux -> FooBarLinux), x.x starts with a digit followed by any non-blank characters, Codename will also be concatenated (blanks cleanup only). release may not be used as a keyword in DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION if you don't want to override "/etc/distrib-release" data. Notice: To support the Debian distributions' lack of information (see "/etc/debian_version" file) some have been directly added into the lsb_release script. EXAMPLES
If the "/etc/lsb-release" file contains: LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-ia64:core-2.0-noarch" DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="I enjoy using my distrib" and the "/etc/lsb-release.d" directory contains: graphics-2.0-ia64 graphics-2.0-noarch and the "/etc/foobar-release" file contains: My Linux Distrib release 1.0RC4 (TryIt) Then the results of various options will be: $ ./lsb_release --all LSB Version: core-2.0-ia64:core-2.0-noarch:graphics-2.0-ia64:graphics-2.0-noarch Distributor ID: MyDistrib Description: I enjoy using my distrib Release: 1.0RC4 Codename: TryIt $ ./lsb_release -a -s 1.0 MyDistrib "I enjoy using my distrib" 1.0RC4 TryIt If the "/etc/lsb-release" file is absent (indicating this is not an LSB compliant distribution), the result will be: $ ./lsb_release -a LSB Version: n/a Distributor ID: MyDistrib Description: My Linux Distrib release 1.0RC4 (TryIt) Release: 1.0RC4 Codename: TryIt REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.linuxbase.org. Please include a complete, self contained example that will allow the bug to be reproduced, and say which version of lsb_release you are using. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2002, 2004 Free Standards Group, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Originally written by Dominique MASSONIE. FSG lsb_release v2.0-SuSE July 2010 FSG(1)