Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to increase the size of rpool in Solaris 11? Post 303025258 by hb00 on Monday 29th of October 2018 02:16:13 PM
Old 10-29-2018
Thanks Peasant for suggestion but is there a way to used old detach disk to be bootable if we have implementated "zpool detach" command.

Also let me know the exact oracle link which could be useful to make the earlier old disk bootable if we have implemented "zpool split " command

It would be nice if you could reply both of my above queries

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

4. Solaris

increase Root size

Dear all, I am very new to solaris, I have installed solaris 10, i tried installing few softwares into file system, unfortunately system failed to install stating "No space left on device " i searched few threads and it says, we have to increase root size. where my root size is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhnki
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to increase file size in solaris 10 os

hi, let me know how to increase file size in solaris 10 OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to increase jvm size for solaris 10 (sparc) operating system

Hi, I have solaris 10 (sparc) operating system machine on which I have installed supported weblogic 10.3. It was installed properly. As we know weblogic uses jvm to run and uses a part of jvm memory. But I am facing one problem in which JVM is getting crashed again and again resulting my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj.tati
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Zfs rpool size

Hi everyone, I am doing housekeeping of my Solaris 11 for zfs snapshot to reduce the snapshot size. I have already cleared the / file system, however the rpool size still not reduced. Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 6.9G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase /tmp file system size dynamically in Solaris zone

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of /tmp file system from 512m to 1024m dynamically without reboot in solaris zone # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on zones/zone1 11G 1.0G 10.0G 10% / /dev 11G 1.0G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies
lvmadm(1M)																lvmadm(1M)

NAME
lvmadm - display limits associated with a volume group version SYNOPSIS
vg_vers] DESCRIPTION
The command is used to perform the actions below: o Display the limits associated with a volume group version. o Display the LVM configuration that is contained in and files for the indicated volume group version. o Update the entries of the bootable volume group and the boot information present in the boot disk either during or after boot. With the boot disk's physical location changing prior to reboot or when the system is booted with a cloned disk, the entries of the bootable volume group and the boot information present in the boot disk may be out of sync with the kernel. In such a situation, follow- ing root volume group activation (either during boot or post boot) use the command in migrate mode option) to update the information present in the file and the boot information present in the boot disk with the kernel. See lvm(7) for more details. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options: Display a table of limits for the indicated volume group version. Display limits or configuration for volume group version vg_vers. The default is to display limits for all supported volume group versions. Display the LVM configuration that is contained in the and files. Produce a compact listing of fields described in The output is a list of colon separated fields formatted as: Update the information present in the file for the bootable volume group and the boot information present in the boot disk, with the information present in the kernel, if there is any mismatch. Display With -t Option For each volume group version to be displayed (one if is specified, all if is omitted) displays the following. VG Version The volume group version. Max VG Size (Tbytes) The maximum size of a volume group in terabytes. Max LV Size (Tbytes) The maximum size of a logical volume in terabytes. Max PV Size (Tbytes) The maximum size of a physical volume in terabytes. Max VGs The maximum number of volume groups this volume group version supports on a system. Max LVs The maximum number of logical volumes in a volume group. Max PVs The maximum number of physical volumes in a volume group. Max Mirrors The maximum number of mirrors for a logical volume. Max Stripes The maximum number of stripes for a logical volume. Max Stripe Size (Kbytes) The maximum stripe size for a logical volume in kilobytes. Max LXs per LV The maximum number of extents in a logical volume. Max PXs per PV The maximum number of extents in a physical volume. Max Ext Size (Mbytes) The maximum size of an extent in megabytes. Display with -l Option For each volume group version to be displayed (one if is specified, all if is omitted) displays the following: o The list of volume groups that exist on the system, and o The list of physical volumes belonging to each of the volume groups. The LVM configuration displayed by this option is from data contained in the and files. The command fails if these files are missing or corrupt. Compact Listing (-F Option) The option generates a compact and parsable listing of the command output in colon separated fields formatted as The option is designed to be used by scripts. The resulting command output may be split across multiple lines. The output may include new keys and/or values in the future. If a key is deprecated, its associated value is set to Compact Listing for -t option Below is a sample output: Compact Listing for -l option Below is a sample output: EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Display a table of limits for volume group version 2.0. Display the LVM configuration file contents for volume group version 1.0. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
vgcreate(1M), lvm(7). lvmadm(1M)