Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux open failed: No such file or directory error Post 303025133 by mohtashims on Thursday 25th of October 2018 06:10:58 AM
Old 10-25-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
(No, this is just another way to run it on SPARC serverB.)
Check with
Code:
ldd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin/Test.exe

where the shared libraries are located.
You need to tweak LD_LIBRARY_PATH before you can run the /export/home/user2/utils/plugin/Test.exe.
Maybe you do this in your ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc_profile?
I'm sorry as i could not understand the solution proposed.

If you look at the error it says
Quote:
fatal: libFPCore32.so: open failed: No such file or directory
"libFPCore32.so" is present on serverB(solaris) @ /opt/product/bin/libFPCore32.so

Can't find "libFPCore32.so" on ServerA(linux). I m also not sure where where the shared Libraries are location on ServerB
Code:
[user1@serverA]$ env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/client64/lib:/opt/python/lib

on ServerB the shared Libraries are here:
Code:
[user2@serverB]$ env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/product/bin:/opt/shared/dfc:/opt/shared/java/1.6.0_27/jre/lib/sparc/client:/opt/shared/java/1.6.0_27/jre/lib/sparc:/opt/ora/client32//lib:/opt/Centera_SDK/lib/64:

I guess you are asking me to make these changes.

1. Change runme.sh on serverB from
/export/home/user2/utils/plugin/Test.exe to ldd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin/Test.exe

2. on ServerA modify the .profile and add the correct export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(Note: I m however not sure where the LD_LIBRARY_PATH [shared library path] is )

Please let me know if there anything more i need to do apart from the above 2 points?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to open output file Error

Hi guys, I Have written a script,In that it will call another file which contains the sql quaries. while wxecuting that I am getting the below exception 01/16|06:28:06:16800: Operating System Error|Failed to open output file Can anybody help me about this,,Its urgent (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

svn diff failed (no such file or directory)

I'm on ubuntu fiesty using svn as version control and gvim as my IDE. i like to review changes to files before checking them in. at some point in my life i used " svn diff {path}/{filename} " this now returns Index: {path}/{file}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manic
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Error:: libm.so.2:open failed

Hi, I am working with solaris 9 and I want to install perforce on that,so I downloaded the p4v.bin file and try to install it by the command ./p4v after that it is giving the error--- ld.so.1: ./p4v.bin: fatal: libm.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Error- ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed:No such file or directory

Hi Friends I have a compiler(Sun Forte,I believe) running in my Solaris 9 box. since y'day my development team is finding this error when they compile: ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory I ran a search for this file and found it in one of my file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NDM: Source file open failed. Error= 2

Hi, I have try to ndm to one server to another server. but i am getting this error. what is this error? are files not in source folder? Source file open failed. Error= 2 Regards, Balamurgan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot open [No such file or directory]

I am seeking help on one script that I created to celan up database audit files. The error returned is $./clean_audit.sh: /opt/oracle/logs/audit_clean.log: cannot open The same script is working on other 2 or 3 servers. But not working on other 4 servers. All servers are Oracle Linux. Here is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
21 Replies

7. Solaris

./curl -V showing fatal: libldap.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory

Hi Guys, I am facing this Error bash-2.03$ ./curl -V ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libldap.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed bash-2.03$ while executing ./curl -V in /opt/sfw/bin directory. I am using Sun Solaris 10. which package upgrage can give me this missing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rdesktop - ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us

I just updated my rdesktop to 1.8.3 from source ( on Slackware 11 ) and had troubles with arrow keys/page up/page down not working. I see this on the console: ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us The fix is a permission change. I initially looked at /usr/share/rdesktop/keymaps and everything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find Error: rpmdb open failed on list of servers

Hello all, I have a task to patch red hat servers and some servers have a corrupted rpm database and return the error: Error: rpmdb open failed I know how to fix this when it occurs. What I'm hoping to do is scan a list of servers by IP and report back which server have this error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login To enable git-cvsserver access (which should generally have the no-interactive-login example above as a prerequisite, as creating the git-shell-commands directory allows interactive logins): $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs <<EOF if ! test $# = 1 && test "$1" = "server" then echo >&2 "git-cvsserver only handles "server"" exit 1 fi exec git cvsserver server EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SHELL(1)