Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can someone convert this python script to perl Post 303024767 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of October 2018 11:36:35 AM
Old 10-16-2018
Without examples of this code's input and output, rebuilding is going to be trial-and-error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix script to perl

Hi, I have these lines in a unix script: FILEONE = /<filepath1>/<filename1.txt> FILENEW = /<filepath2>/<filename2.txt> head -5 $FILEONE | sed '1d' > $FILENEW PARAM1 = `cat $FILENEW | awk '{print $2;}' ` echo "Param1 Value: $PARAM1" What's the correct syntax of the above lines if same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert ksh script to Perl

Guys I am new to this forum, this may seem like a cheeky request. I have been asked by my manager to convert this ksh script to Perl. I do not have the foggiest about Perl and would appreciate any help on this. Basically this scipt automates a recovery process for EMC Legato Networker. It will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahimm1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .sh script into perl

Good afternoon to you all I really need your help I have the following script developed in .sh and I need to convert it into perl. Can someone help me do it please? Here´s the script: ############################################## ############################################## ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python/Perl script for auto login

I am loooking for a python/perl script which can login to gmail or any mail accounts and open a browser with the logged in page. I am trying this in a windows environment. I tried many docs available over internet an nothing seems to be working. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert awk script into perl

Input file (a list of input file name with *.txt extension): campus.com_icmp_ping_alive.txt data_local_cd_httpd.txt data_local_cd.txt new_local_cd_mysql.txt new_local_cd_nagios_content.txt Desired output file: data local_cd_httpd data local_cd new local_cd_mysql new ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script to convert date to iso format

Hi , This is my 1st program in python never tried any python before. i am trying to write a python script which reads a .tsv file line by line and in each line it should look for mm/dd/yyyy formate and convert it to yyyy-mm-dd formate . can some one provide be some sample code to do that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies
trang(1)						      General Commands Manual							  trang(1)

NAME
trang - convert between different schema languages for XML SYNOPSIS
trang [-I rng|rnc|dtd|xml] [-O rng|rnc|dtd|xsd] [-i input-param] [-o output-param] input-file ... output-file DESCRIPTION
trang takes as input a schema written in any of the following formats: RELAX NG (XML syntax) RELAX NG (compact syntax) XML 1.0 DTD and produces as output a schema written in any of the following formats: RELAX NG (XML syntax) RELAX NG (compact syntax) XML 1.0 DTD W3C XML Schema Trang can also infer a schema from one or more example XML documents. Trang uses an internal representation based on RELAX NG. For each supported input format, there is an input module that converts a schema in that input format into this internal representation. For each supported output format, there is an output module that converts the internal representation into a schema in that output format. Thus, any supported input format can be translated to any supported output format. Trang requires two command-line arguments: the first is the URI or filename of the schema to be translated; the second is the output file- name. Trang infers the input and output modules to be used from the extension of input and output filenames as follows: .rng RELAX NG (XML syntax) .rnc RELAX NG (compact syntax) .dtd XML 1.0 DTD .xsd W3C XML Schema .xml XML documents (used as examples from which to infer a schema) This inference can be overridden using the -I and -O options. When the input is XML documents used as examples to infer a schema, more than one input file may be specified as arguments. All the input files are specified before the output file. OPTIONS
-I rng|rnc|dtd|xml Specifies which input module to use. -O rng|rnc|dtd|xsd Specifies which output module to use. -i input-param -o output-param Specifies a parameter for an input (-i) or output (-o) module. The -i and -o options may be used multiple times in order to specify multiple parameters. There are two kinds of parameter: boolean parameters and string-valued parameters. A string-valued parameter is specified using the form name=value. A boolean parameter is specified using the form name or no-name. The applicable parameters depend on the particular input and output module. For details, see the HTML documentation. SEE ALSO
jing(1) Trang Manual http://relaxng.org AUTHOR
James Clark (jjc@jclark.com) This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/). @VERSION@ trang(1)