Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Java compilation problem - path not set Post 303024562 by Peasant on Thursday 11th of October 2018 02:32:12 AM
Old 10-11-2018
Hello Nancy, and welcome to the forums.

A good start would be to open a new thread for new questions.

Besides that, output created by that failed compilation would probably be helpful to determine the cause.
Please use code tags for that and specify the operating system you are using and java version in a new thread.

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in getting the path of environment variable set in bashrc in my shell script

hi all i have joined new to the group. i have set an variable in my bashrc file. .bashrc PROGHOME=/home/braf/braf/prog export PROGHOME but while using it in my shell script its path is not taken and i had to explicitly give the export command to set the path. in my script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krithika
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set path for java in UNIX

How to set path for java in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation problem on HP-UX

Hi, Environment : HP-UX avalon B.11.11 U 9000/800 3547052374 unlimited-user license aCC version :aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37 I need to find a way out of this errors.can anyone help me . $ aCC db.cc -I$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public -I/disk1/oracle/product/10.2.0.2/* Error (future)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varuntayur
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set java Path

Hey eveyone, I am new to unix, and I just installed java 6, however it doesn't recognize javac command I tried to set the path such as: set path="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/ but i still got the same error message. any ideas? -andi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adtd8
1 Replies

5. AIX

Compilation problem

hi, I first want to apologize for my poor english ! I'm a newbe on Unix system and I have to install NRPE on an AIX 5.3. I have downloaded the NRPE Source code and i need to compile them... the problem is, when I do a: ./configure --enable-command-args --disable-ssl it returns me :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cyr1us
1 Replies

6. AIX

Problem in compilation.

Hi, I am executing the below mentioned code:- proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS iname=CDBInteractor.pc parse=none code=cpp cpp_suffix=cpp g++ -c main.cpp g++ -o pre_request_engine main.o -I/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/precomp -L/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/lib32 -lnsl -ldl And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
2 Replies

7. Programming

Java sting up path problem

Hi java programmers I'm a newbee to the Java. Could please help me to set the path correctly. I'm getting the following error. ----jGRASP exec: javac -g C:\Documents and Settings\bogugk\Desktop\HelloWorldApp.java ----jGRASP wedge2 error: command "javac" not found. ---- This command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

8. Programming

can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps

My desired output is run: for this 1 for this 2 for this 3 for this 4 for this 5 for this 1,2 1->2 for this 2,3 2->3 for this 3,4 3->4 for this 4,5 4->5 for this 1,2,3 1->2,3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
2 Replies

9. Programming

Set java classes path

I add some new java jar files in the old project, how can I edit the class path? How can I compile all the java classes by just type 'C':o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
3 Replies

10. Programming

Java compilation error

i am on red hat Linux . package hiveudf; import org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.UDF; import org.apache.hadoop.io.Text; public class lowercaseudf extends UDF { public Text evaluate(final Text s) { if (s == null) { return null;} return new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
4 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function marks the thread identified by thread as detached. When a detached thread terminates, its resources are automatically released back to the system without the need for another thread to join with the terminated thread. Attempting to detach an already detached thread results in unspecified behavior. RETURN VALUE
On success, pthread_detach() returns 0; on error, it returns an error number. ERRORS
EINVAL thread is not a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread with the ID thread could be found. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Once a thread has been detached, it can't be joined with pthread_join(3) or be made joinable again. A new thread can be created in a detached state using pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3) to set the detached attribute of the attr argument of pthread_create(3). The detached attribute merely determines the behavior of the system when the thread terminates; it does not prevent the thread from being terminated if the process terminates using exit(3) (or equivalently, if the main thread returns). Either pthread_join(3) or pthread_detach() should be called for each thread that an application creates, so that system resources for the thread can be released. (But note that the resources of all threads are freed when the process terminates.) EXAMPLE
The following statement detaches the calling thread: pthread_detach(pthread_self()); SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3), pthread_cancel(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-11-27 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)