Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script Post 303024494 by Suresh on Wednesday 10th of October 2018 03:06:06 AM
Old 10-10-2018
Dear Neo,

That's why I have wrote else part, if the table is not found it should create and insert the data from temp table. but, it hasn't worked.
Code:
Table data is as below:
22055;20181009;
21088;20181009;
66666;20181009;
09999;20181009;
40000;20181009;
Table Structure:
create table Main_table
   (
        Stemm char (5),
        Date int,
        Percode char (5) null
   )

Thank you. Let me know if you need anymore information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql query in unix shell script

Dear all I want to execute some isql command from unix shell script. Kindly suggest me. isql command mention below. isql -U -P use gdb_1 go select count (*) from table_x go (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check path exist or not in UNIX shell script

UNIX Shell Script I'm in /home/suneel dirctory in that directory need to check for a path for example com/src/resources If Path exists need to copy the files from one directory If path not exist need to create the folders and copy the files UNIX shell script help required (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not exist or unreadable error in windows ftp script

I have a file like this 07200900.SUP,in a windows directory I need to FTP this file to UNIX , the directory in unix is N:\orgs\Financial Aid\MIIS\0910\FTP I am getting this error miis_ftp.ELM_SUP.shl: =cd orgs/"Financial Aid"/"MIIS"/"0910"/"FTP" : not found IN THE LOG FILE Activities for Mon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK syntax /bailing script error when executing in UNIX

Hi I am trying to execute the following awk script in unix but getting the following error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 for i in `cat search` do grep -i -l $i *.sas | awk -v token=$i '{print token "\t" $0}' done Please let me know what could be the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandugo1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISQL syntax

Hi All, I'm niks and i'm a newbie here and newbie in shell, i'm just wondering what is the meaning of -U -P -S in the sample script below. "-U iccbs_dbo -P iccbsdbo -S CCB_REO" Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISQL syntax can't read

Hi Everyone, newbie here, please help me i can't read the code i'm confused reading this code. select c.net_svc_id, c.inst_st_dt into ${REO_RECON_USERID_LUZON_TEMP} from ${WO_INST_SITE_COMP_FIELDS} a, ${WO_INST_SITE_COMPONENTS} b, ${WO_INST} c where a.cust_ac_no = b.cust_ac_no and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in Unix Shell Script

I am trying to run a unix script in my home directory.Snippet below echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'` Getting ProductList.dat" if ( -f $DIR/ProductList.dat) then cp $DIR/ProductList.dat MigratedProductList.dat else echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`ProductList.dat does not exist; Processing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary James
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Isql for SQL SERVER to get the table rows counts in UNIX shell script to

need to create shell script to read the table's name from file and connect SQL SERVER using isql (odbcunix) i 'm able connect to database with below command line syntex but i could not get working in shell script with SQL and storing the row count in variable. isql -v DSN USERNAME PASSWD ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimmit22043
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies
Alzabo::Table(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Alzabo::Table(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Table - Table objects SYNOPSIS
use Alzabo::Table; my $t = $schema->table('foo'); foreach $pk ($t->primary_keys) { print $pk->name; } DESCRIPTION
Objects in this class represent tables. They contain foreign key, index, and column objects. METHODS
schema Returns the "Alzabo::Schema" object to which this table belongs. name Returns the name of the table. column ($name) Returns the "Alzabo::Column" object that matches the name given. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the column. columns (@optional_list_of_column_names) If no arguments are given, returns a list of all "Alzabo::Column" objects in the schema, or in a scalar context the number of such tables. If one or more arguments are given, returns a list of table objects with those names, in the same order given. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain one or more of the specified columns. has_column ($name) Returns a voolean value indicating whether the column exists in the table. primary_key In array context, return an ordered list of column objects that make up the primary key for the table. In scalar context, it returns the first element of that list. primary_key_size The number of columns in the table's primary key. column_is_primary_key ("Alzabo::Column" object) Returns a boolean value indicating whether the column given is part of the table's primary key. This method is really only needed if you're not sure that the column belongs to the table. Otherwise just call the "Alzabo::Col- umn->is_primary_key" method on the column object. attributes A table's attributes are strings describing the table (for example, valid attributes in MySQL are thing like "TYPE = INNODB". Returns a list of strings. has_attribute This method can be used to test whether or not a table has a particular attribute. By default, the check is case-insensitive. * attribute => $attribute * case_sensitive => 0 or 1 (defaults to 0) Returns a boolean value indicating whether the table has this particular attribute. foreign_keys Thie method takes two parameters: * column => "Alzabo::Column" object * table => "Alzabo::Table" object It returns a list of "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects from the given column to the given table, if they exist. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the specified column. foreign_keys_by_table ("Alzabo::Table" object) Returns a list of all the "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects to the given table. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. foreign_keys_by_column ("Alzabo::Column" object) Returns a list of all the "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects that the given column is a part of, if any. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the specified column. all_foreign_keys Returns a list of all the "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects for this table. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. index ($index_id) This method expects an index id as returned by the "Alzabo::Index->id" method as its parameter. The "Alzabo::Index" object matching this id, if it exists in the table. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the specified index. has_index ($index_id) This method expects an index id as returned by the "Alzabo::Index->id" method as its parameter. Returns a boolean indicating whether the table has an index with the same id. indexes Returns all the "Alzabo::Index" objects for the table. comment Returns the comment associated with the table object, if any. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Table(3pm)