Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pick systems
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pick systems Post 303024492 by Neo on Wednesday 10th of October 2018 12:52:24 AM
Old 10-10-2018
You mean you did a query into your PICK DB and stored the results in a flat text file; and you are asking how to do a PICK DB query and store the results in what format exactly?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pick out last charactor of a string?

Hi, Does anyone know how many ways to pick out last charactor of a string? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Please help me pick a machine

Hey guys I am new here and like this forum alot. I went to get into Solaris and would like to buy a sun box on ebay. NON rackmount. Problem is there is so many diff types. I am looking for one under the $800 range that can support solaris 10 and have the basics and decent ram. Can you guys... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gnfanatic
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pick distinct records..........

How can i pick distinct records which consists of duplicate data from a ASCII file using UNIX commands (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss4u
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the exact value

Hi, How do i pick a particular value from a group of lines using python. for instance from the below sample. How do I pick Value=1 of OuterLines=1 and InnerLine=1 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick columns

I want to be able pick columns from 2 files with similar reference data: File 1 Last NameFirst NameSalaryCityDunnJohn $42,000.00 ChicagoGrantSuzy $95,000.00 GaryLoweMike $80,000.00 MilwaukeeGrantMike $59,000.00 JolietLoweKaren $48,000.00 South BendFile 2 TitleFirst NameLast... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick one file from each subdirectory

Hi, I have a problem I am trying to solve with bash. I need to search in a file system (data base) with hundreds of directories and thousands of subdirectories and millions of files. The files have a specific format with a header that gives the properties. Directories are organized so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majest
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick and print

Hi Friends, I'm facing an issue. I am having a file as under : a1 b1 c1 a2 a3 a4 b4 a5 b5 and I need to get the output as under: a1 b1 a4 b4 a5 b5 i.e. to pick the columns where a and b are consecutive and ignoring rest. I was trying some thing sily as: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Clustered filesystem which one to pick

Hi all, I'm a bit new to advanced filesystem types. I've just only learned that if you wish to share a single fibre channel extent with many servers you need to use a clustered filesystem to prevent data corruption. looking through a list of clustered file systems I saw gfs2 which I thought... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jokken
1 Replies
STG-PICK(1)							   StGit Manual 						       STG-PICK(1)

NAME
stg-pick - Import a patch from a different branch or a commit object SYNOPSIS
stg pick [options] ([<patch1>] [<patch2>] [<patch3>..<patch4>])|<commit> DESCRIPTION
Import one or more patches from a different branch or a commit object into the current series. By default, the name of the imported patch is used as the name of the current patch. It can be overridden with the --name option. A commit object can be reverted with the --revert option. The log and author information are those of the commit object. OPTIONS
-n NAME, --name NAME Use NAME as the patch name. -B REF-BRANCH, --ref-branch REF-BRANCH Pick patches from BRANCH. -r, --revert Revert the given commit object. -p COMMITID, --parent COMMITID Use COMMITID as parent. -x, --expose Append the imported commit id to the patch log. --fold Fold the commit object into the current patch. --update Like fold but only update the current patch files. -f FILE, --file FILE Only fold the given file (can be used multiple times). --unapplied Keep the patch unapplied. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-PICK(1)