Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Putting an old hd in a new computer Post 303024436 by hicksd8 on Monday 8th of October 2018 03:50:33 PM
Old 10-08-2018
You ask about master and slave settings so are these drives ATA??

If so, you should be able to set one to "master and slave present" and the other as "slave" PROVIDED the machine doesn't use 'cable select' which means a drive master/slave is determined by the cable that it is connected to. In that case, the drive jumpers should also be set to 'cable select' Jumper diagrams are normally found on the HD casing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting pC on network

How do I put a my PC with linux 7.0 on a class B network. Can someone give me info or text that will guide me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rush
1 Replies

2. Programming

Putting breakpoint on core

Any one tried puting breakpoint while debugging a core file? I have been using a gdb for running it.. But unsuccessful to put a breakpoint before executing it. Any sugestion or tool for doing it would be welcomed.. Thanks :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting a timestamp in a file

I was sure there was a way to put a timestamp ina logfile but I can't seem to figure out how. What I would like to do is after the last messages in the rptmgr.err log is put a timestamp so I know the next time I look whats new. I am using AIX 5.1 any help will great Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting Wallpaper on the Desktop

How do I put wallpaper from the internet on the Unix desktop? For example, I want to know how to perform the same operation as "right click-> Set as Wallpaper" on a graphics on a web page, in Windows. Thanks! :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pireifej
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting a character between two other characters?

I need to separate Pascal style identifiers (TheyLookLikeThis) into words separated by an underscore (_). I've tried sed 's//&_&/' but this won't work (obviously). I'd love some help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting Linux on an old windows PC

Hello, I was just reading around these forums when I had an idea, without being able to really answer my question for myself due to some circumstances, so hopefully someone can give me a hand. I have an old desktop PC that has served me very well. I got an Asus G73JH though, so I mostly used the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patriots12
2 Replies

7. Programming

putting numbers behind eachother

I want to make a program where you have to insert binary numbers like this: do { iBinary = getche(); }while(iBinary == 1 || iBinary == 0); after you get the numbers I want them to be placed behind eachother so you will get: input: 1 1 0 1 output: 1101 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting two images together

Hi, I generated many figures in .png format (approximately 120). Right now I need to pair the figures on a single page so that the files with the same file name (i.e. jack) that end with .matrix.png are placed on the left and .cdt.png is on the right (so jack.matrix.png with jack.cdt.png... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting $$ before filename

Hello , I am searching a directory for a file and have to assign the filename to a variable . The variable must have form $$filename So my code is echo "'$$filename='`ls -lrt *PreMatch*.csv| head -1 | nawk '{print $9}'`" however $$ is converting to a number . How could I make it $$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other way aside from putting more PIPES (|)

I already manage to get the output that i want.. but wat if removing all the pipes and convert it 1 liner with less pipes. My command below can get the ouput that i want. i just want to remove the pipes or less pipes. #cat file1 us-west-2a running i-3397a421... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)