Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? OSX 10.14 Mojave Commands - 13K+ Total Man Pages in Repository Post 303024360 by RudiC on Sunday 7th of October 2018 05:03:12 AM
Old 10-07-2018
Hi Neo,

very good point to update our man pages and offer recent and up-to-date versions. Not sure if creating and sending tons of GB is too efficient. And, I'm pretty sure the man pages on my system are not 100% complete. Would it make sense to just provide a line like Ubuntu Manpage?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

5. Programming

man pages for commands and functions of same name?

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I am facing this irritating problem. As you know that manual pages are available for both unix commands and c functions. Now when I try to check the manual pages for functions like read write exit I get the manual pages for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands for man pages

what command should i use for displaying the manual pages for the socket, read and connect system calls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
1 Replies
INFO2MAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       INFO2MAN(1)

NAME
info2man - generate man pages from info documents SYNOPSIS
info2man info-file DESCRIPTION
info2man converts a GNU info file to a man page. It first generates a POD (Plain Old Documentation) file using info2pod(1), then converts this to a man page using pod2man(1). info-file should be the full path to the info file (probably in /usr/share/info or similar). OPTIONS
None. NOTES
The style of info documentation and man pages differs considerably. Info documentation is generally written as a book, making full use of chapters, hyperlinks, footnotes, and the like. By contrast, man pages are often intended as something closer to a reference card. That said, many people prefer the interface used to view man pages (a normal pager) to the available info browsers. This program will con- vert the form, but not the content; don't expect it to possess the artificial intelligence necessary to turn a lengthy interconnected info file into a man page that is a model of conciseness! AUTHOR
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> wrote info2man. Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
info2pod(1), pod2man(1). INFO2MAN(1)