Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Selection from array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selection from array Post 303024319 by RudiC on Saturday 6th of October 2018 04:14:10 AM
Old 10-06-2018
Could you confirm your belief that "it does look like something that could solve this", e.g. by trial and error? That were a possible (if not the usual) approach when encountering something new.

Howsoever, here's a small example how you could proceed. Unfortunately, I had to go through a TMP file, as piping the sed result directly into readarray failed, although its man page says: "Read lines from the standard input into the indexed array variable array"
Try and comment back

Code:
awless . . . | sed -r 's/( *)\| */\1/g; s/  / /g; s/[^ ]* *$//; > TMP
<TMP readarray -ts2 TARR
select OPT in "${TARR[@]}"
  do    echo "$REPLY: $REPLY, variable: $OPT, reduced var: ${OPT% * *}"
  done
1) rtb-0b5c74xxxxxxx network-public 
2) rtb-0d18xxxxxxxxx network-private 
3) rtb-0e47xxxxxxxxx 
#? 1
1: 1, variable: rtb-0b5c74xxxxxxx network-public , reduced var: rtb-0b5c74xxxxxxx
#? 2
2: 2, variable: rtb-0d18xxxxxxxxx network-private , reduced var: rtb-0d18xxxxxxxxx
#? 3
3: 3, variable: rtb-0e47xxxxxxxxx , reduced var: rtb-0e47xxxxxxxxx 
#?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array and Selection

I have a question: Y X Tabel a is a array multidimensional --> a(1024,20) I load in to array a Text from 6000 row where: in a(1,1) is present the row 1 of original text, in a(1024,1) is present then row 1024 of original test and in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection

Hello All, Could anyone help me how to selecting the trays in unix . Thanks, Amit kul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit kul
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Opt out selection

Maybe I'm missing something but when I go to CP->Options, I see the box for selecting which forum to opt out of but no way to set it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drhowarddrfine
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu help with array selection

Hi there all I got the following I got multiple arrays named for example STAT_AAAA STAT_AAAB STAT_AAAC STAT_AAAD Now what I want I have chosen an option in a menu to select 1 but I dont want to write for all the same thing so I made it a signle one now what I want is to get STAT_ and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data selection

Hi, I have a file containing details of different departments . Infomration of departments is in various tags file is as below I want to create a new file from the above file which should contain only two fields belonging to one department format There are multiple files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test_user
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data selection

Hi, Please note that as a programmer I cannot tell the file format or details of my production files so I have re-framed my file and taken a case of departments. Kindly guide as its related to a production requirement of data containing recors of production customer NOT A HOMEWORK :) I have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: test_user
10 Replies

7. AIX

Bulk Fixes Selection

Under smit, one has to manually select each fix with F7. there 9000 fixes left to be marked. How Can I manually install/Mark all of these without SMIT. ---------- Post updated at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:15 PM ---------- From the command line instfix -T -d... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for column selection

Hello, I want to extract all values from table except for those that contain the '*' character in the second column. I tried awk '$2!=*' and this threw a syntax error. Do I need to specify an escape character or != is valid only for numerical comparisons? Thanks, Guss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date selection

Hi All, i have log file sample data is 2010/10/09|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/08|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/07|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/05|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/03|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Selection statement

ok im kinda stuck i have a bash script with 4 options 1. Create Script 2. Show Script 3 . Delete script 4. Exithow would i use an if statement for this? im not sure what test command i would use. I know it would be like this (below) to display the script if then cat script1or for the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
10 Replies
ARRAY_KEYS(3)								 1							     ARRAY_KEYS(3)

array_keys - Return all the keys or a subset of the keys of an array

SYNOPSIS
array array_keys (array $array, [mixed $search_value], [bool $strict = false]) DESCRIPTION
array_keys(3) returns the keys, numeric and string, from the $array. If the optional $search_value is specified, then only the keys for that value are returned. Otherwise, all the keys from the $array are returned. PARAMETERS
o $array - An array containing keys to return. o $search_value - If specified, then only keys containing these values are returned. o $strict - Determines if strict comparison (===) should be used during the search. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of all the keys in $array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_keys(3) example <?php $array = array(0 => 100, "color" => "red"); print_r(array_keys($array)); $array = array("blue", "red", "green", "blue", "blue"); print_r(array_keys($array, "blue")); $array = array("color" => array("blue", "red", "green"), "size" => array("small", "medium", "large")); print_r(array_keys($array)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => color ) Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => 3 [2] => 4 ) Array ( [0] => color [1] => size ) SEE ALSO
array_values(3), array_key_exists(3), array_search(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_KEYS(3)