Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print commas between awk output Post 303023946 by RudiC on Wednesday 26th of September 2018 03:43:08 AM
Old 09-26-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
Code:
f2[$3]=($1 OFS $2 OFS $4 OFS $5 OFS $6)

As the f2 elements are being used for matching file1's line afterwards, wouldn't it make more sense to intersperse FS characters, then, to prepare for the case FS and OFS are different?
And, are the parentheses really necessary?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to search and print output

suppose i have one file file A 18 24 30 35 38 45 55 Another file file B 08_46 A 16 V -0.36 0.23 E : 1.41 08_46 A 17 D -1.04 0.22 E : 0.84 08_46 A 18 Q -0.49 0.12 E : 0.06 08_46 A 19 G 0.50 0.14 E : 0.05 08_46 A 20 V ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatted output with commas

var=12345 echo $var >>>12345 printf "%8.1f \n" $var >>> 12345.0 How to get this as 12,345? I suppose I could break into sections by dividing by 1000 or 1000000. But, is the a trick to this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl or awk to print output

suppose u have file File A A -> G C->D A -> R P->A File B A=1 C=2 D=3 E=4 F=5 G=6 H=7 I=8 K=9 L=10 M=11 (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk {print $NF} output??

Hi, I am trying to debug an old script and have found the problem lies within this function: isIdoc() { # validate the file type fileType=`file $1 | awk '{print $NF}'` && echo 0 || echo 1 } My question is, how can I determine what is in the variable $fileType ? The program is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vervette
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk subtraction and print output

FileA F97S 83 530 K569E 531 736 output shud be F16S K40E it is code sed 's///g' FileA |awk '{print $1-$2+2}' it will print 16 40 anything can come with this output?? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any awk one liner to print df output?

Hi, OS = Solaris Can anyone advise if there is a one liner to print specific output from a df -k output? Running df from a command line, it sometimes gives me 2 lines for some volume. By re-directing the output to a file, it always gives 1 line for each. Below is an example output,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print output problem

Hello friends, I have written a script and i need to add some part into it so that i could print out more results depending on more conditions, This is the core part of the script which does the actual work: echo "$j" && nawk -v stat=$2 'NR==FNR &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print awk output in same line ,For loop

My code is something like below. #/bin/bash for i in `ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v bash | grep -v grep | grep -v perl | grep -v asm | grep -v MGMT|awk '{print $1" "$8}'` do echo $i ORACLE_SID=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'` USERNAME=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` done ============= But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to print output based on first field.

Hi Folks, I have one requirement, There is one file, which contains two fields. Based on first field, I need to print an output. Example will be more suitable. Input file like this. abc 5 abc 10 xyz 6 xyz 9 xyz 10 mnp 10 mnp 12 mnp 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)