Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Simplified Registration Page with nCaptcha Post 303023499 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 18th of September 2018 08:50:38 AM
Old 09-18-2018
Thanks a TON Neo for implementing this. It looks great. I am grateful that I could give this GREAT FIRM a nice thought too.

Thanks,
R. Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display command output page per page

Good afternoon, I wonder how i could use unix commands to ease the reading of long command result output ? like the "php -i" or any other command that returns a long answer. I could not find the right terms to Google it or search the forum. Therefore I bother you with this question. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplified awk script for if else statements

Hi, The below awk script that i did is working fine. It gives me the results that i want. But, the script is not smart and very long as i have 8 conditions to meet. The sample script below only show 2 conditions. awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=" ~ |\t"} {if (($7>$9) && ($6>$8)){ Ql= $7-$6; Sl=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplified file conversion

Hi All, I have a file like below Topic:price PartitionCount:5 ReplicationFactor:3 Configs: Topic: price Partition: 0 Leader: 13 Replicas: 13,15,11 Isr: 11,13 Topic: price Partition: 1 Leader: 14 Replicas: 14,11,12 Isr: 11,12,14 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

New Simplified Log Out for UNIX.COM

Hi, I changed the logout code to just simply log out and go back to the page you were viewing: Was (ending code): eval(standard_error(fetch_error('cookieclear', create_full_url($vbulletin->url), $vbulletin->options, $vbulletin->session->vars), '', false)); Now: $goto = "Location:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simplified Code? Acceptable?

Hi Folks - I have the following peice of code that I believe is uncecesarily long and I modified it to shorten it up. I was hoping one could comment and confirm my approach was acceptable? Original: if then pushd "${_INTRAPATH}" #Search for lines in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
1 Replies
pthread_get_nice_np(3T) 												   pthread_get_nice_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_get_nice_np(), pthread_set_nice_np() - get or set the nice value of a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread The thread whose nice value is to be set/retrieved. nice_val Value of nice to be applied to the target thread is returned (get function) or it specifies the new value of nice for thread (set function). DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set and retrieve the nice value of an individual thread. returns the current nice value setting of the target thread and stores it in nice_val. adds the value of nice_val to the current nice value of the target thread. A thread's nice value is a non-negative number. The system imposes a minimum nice value of 0 and a maximum of 39 with lower nice values providing more favorable scheduling. If calling results in a nice value outside the range of 0 to 39, the value will be set to the nearest limit. A process must have appropriate privileges to lower a thread's nice value. The function allows individual threads in the process to have different nice values. returns the current nice value less 20 and will be in the range -20 to +19. The nice value of only system scope threads can be changed. An attempt to change the nice value of a process-scope thread will result in a return value of Calling on a thread that has a scheduling policy other than will have an effect only when the thread's scheduling policy changes to If a thread calls the system call to create a new process, the new process inherits the process-level nice value. Calling to create a new thread will result in the new thread inheriting the creating thread's nice value. Note If the nice value of the entire process is changed through or all the threads in the process will have their nice values reset to the new process-level nice value. The new process's nice value setting overwrites the old thread's setting. Thus its possible that a thread whose nice value had been set higher than the process-level nice value have its nice value lowered as a result of the process-level re-nicing. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error: A process-scope thread was specified. The caller does not have permission to lower the nice value specified in nice_val. No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), nice(2), setpriority(2), pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3T), pthread_setschedparam(3T). Pthread Library pthread_get_nice_np(3T)