Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Installed Memory 32GB but shows only 16GB Post 303023270 by bakunin on Thursday 13th of September 2018 02:58:19 PM
Old 09-13-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
but there is no profile for the whole VIOS machine, Virtual I/O Server
although it is very similar to HMC
This is why i asked you if you use a HMC - you don't, but use IVM instead.

The IVM screen says the total system memory is 16GB. Do you have all 32GB activated? IBM usually delivers its machines configured for CuOD (customer upgrade on demand) and you can use only a part of what is physically installed until you buy a license for the rest.

Did you check the error log? Maybe some memory/memory controller is broken and was deactivated by the system. Have you checked the ASMI?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get amount of memory installed.

Hi! I'm not a UNIX fanatic but I like using it for the Oracle database since it's not stable in the Windows NT environment (what is?). Problem: Is there any command to show me the amount of installed physical-memory in the machine? Is there some other way to show the processes which uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgholm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies
PRDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference						       PRDB.DB0(5)

NAME
prdb.DB0, prdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Protection Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The prdb.DB0 file contains the Protection Database, which maps AFS user, machine, and group names to their respective IDs (AFS UIDs and GIDs) and tracks group memberships. The Protection Server (ptserver process) uses the information in the database to help the File Server grant data access to authorized users. The prdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Protection Server logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Protection Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each of the cell's database server machines. When the Protection Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the database matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Protection Servers call on AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Always use the commands in the pts suite to administer the Protection Database. It is advisable to create an archive copy of the database on a regular basis, using a tool such as the UNIX tar command. SEE ALSO
prdb_check(8), pts(1), ptserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 PRDB.DB0(5)