Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to escape colon sign from variable in shell? Post 303023257 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of September 2018 12:50:08 PM
Old 09-13-2018
There's no particular reason -vf shouldn't work in a while loop. It's just very tricky to get all the quoting and escaping right. Shove printf "\t%s\n" in front of ffmpeg to see what its really doing - it will print each separate argument on its own line. You'll be able to tell if your quotes broke somewhere.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to escape special characters in Korn shell script

Hi, I would like to display the following message from my shell (Korn) script Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt" My code looks as follows print "Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt"" However, when I execute the script, I get the following output Copy old_file.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape from the shell

In a Script I need to push several messages to a function. My problem here is: I have to print the string v$LOCK on the resulting line which spits out the message. What I want here is not printing the contents of $LOCK I want to escape the shell and printout v$LOCK on the line. But don't know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable with @ sign is driving me crazy

Ok so I am working on a command that is going to do a Dig @ a certain IP address which is enclosed in a variable. Now I thought I had this figure out because it works. The problem is that it does not ALWAYS work. the variable is IP=192.168.1.1 the commands I have tried are dig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk not escape my bash variable

I tried to parse data from switch configuration files vlan 1727 name SQ5506-15 by port tagged ethe 8/1 to 8/2 untagged ethe 1/13 ! vlan 2105 name SQ5620-7007(BR2) by port tagged ethe 8/1 to 8/2 untagged ethe 1/17 ! interface ethernet 1/13 port-name SQ5506-15.nic0 rate-limit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: winggundamth
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : check + or - sign in a variable

I have a variable $max = -3; It can be $max = +3; I need to check if this variable is a positive/negative value. if its positive, should print "positive" if not "negative" How can this be done? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell not parsing $ sign from file

PFB my shell script which reads a csv file to process it ############################################### fn_java(){ echo JAVA_TOP is $JAVA_TOP echo "cp $filename $filepath/$filename" cp $filename $filepath/$filename } #########################################... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store a escape character in a Variable.?

How to store escape character in the variable. Var=abc,def,ghi,jkl echo ${Var} | sed -e "s/,/|\\\\./g;s/^/\\\\./g" \.abc|\.def|\.ghi|\.hjk Var1=`echo ${Var} | sed -e "s/,/|\\\./g;s/^/\\\./g"` Actual: ------- echo $Var1 .abc|.def|.ghi|.jkl Expected: --------- echo $Var1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable has value with = or == sign

I have a script which is reading value from property file and doing replacement in source location which contains multiple files. property file has values abc=xyz; yux=1;version=3.0; bcd=123;apple==mango when my script does search and reads value from property file. its replacing value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape characters in a variable

Debian 9 64x - LXDE How can i disable escape sequences in a variable? #!/bin/bash #mainscript . "./links.bash" echo "$red_start This text should be red $color_end"#!/bin/bash #links.bash #colors red_start="\eOutput that i get: \e Output expected: This text should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
5 Replies
MboxParser::Mail::Body(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       MboxParser::Mail::Body(3pm)

NAME
Mail::MboxParser::Mail::Body - rudimentary mail-body object SYNOPSIS
use Mail::MboxParser; [...] # $msg is a Mail::MboxParser::Mail my $body = $msg->body(0); # or preferably my $body = $msg->body($msg->find_body); for my $line ($body->signature) { print $line, " " } for my $url ($body->extract_urls(unique => 1)) { print $url->{url}, " "; print $url->{context}, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This class represents the body of an email-message. Since emails can have multiple MIME-parts and each of these parts has a body it is not always easy to say which part actually holds the text of the message (if there is any at all). Mail::MboxParser::Mail::find_body will help and suggest a part. METHODS
as_string ([strip_sig => 1]) Returns the textual representation of the body as one string. Decoding takes place when the mailbox has been opened using the decode => 'BODY' | 'ALL' option. If 'strip_sig' is set to a true value, the signature is stripped from the string. as_lines ([strip_sig => 1]) Sames as as_string() just that you get an array of lines with newlines attached to each line. NOTE: When the body is actually some encoded binary data (most commonly such a body is base64-encoded), you can still use this method. Then you wont really get proper lines. Instead you get chunks of binary data that you should concatenate as in my $binary = join "", $body->as_lines; If 'strip_sig' is set to a true value, the signature is stripped from the string. signature Returns the signature of a message as an array of lines. Trailing newlines are already removed. $body->error returns a string if no signature has been found. extract_urls extract_urls (unique => 1) Returns an array of hash-refs. Each hash-ref has two fields: 'url' and 'context' where context is the line in which the 'url' appeared. When calling it like $mail->extract_urls(unique => 1), duplicate URLs will be filtered out regardless of the 'context'. That's useful if you just want a list of all URLs that can be found in your mails. $body->error() will return a string if no URLs could be found within the body. quotes Returns a hash-ref of array-refs where the hash-keys are the several levels of quotation. Each array-element contains the paragraphs of this quotation-level as one string. Example: my $quotes = $msg->body($msg->find_body)->quotes; print $quotes->{1}->[0], " "; print $quotes->{0}->[0], " "; This should print the first paragraph of the mail-body that has been quoted once and below that the paragraph that supposedly is the reply to this paragraph. Perhaps thus: > I had been trying to work with the CGI module > but I didn't yet fully understand it. Ah, it is tricky. Have you read the CGI-FAQ that comes with the module? Mark that empty lines will not be ignored and are part of the lines contained in the array of $quotes->{0}. So below is a little code-snippet that should, in most cases, restore the first 5 paragraphs (containing quote-level 0 and 1) of an email: for (0 .. 4) { print $quotes->{0}->[$_]; print $quotes->{1}->[$_]; } Since quotes() considers an empty line between two quotes paragraphs as a paragraph in $quotes->{0}, the paragraphs with one quote and those with zero are balanced. That means: scalar @{$quotes->{0}} - DIFF == scalar @{$quotes->{1}} where DIFF is element of {-1, 0, 1}. Unfortunately, quotes() can up to now only deal with '>' as quotation-marks. VERSION
This is version 0.55. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Tassilo von Parseval <tassilo.von.parseval@rwth-aachen.de> Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Tassilo von Parseval. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl v5.12.3 2005-12-08 MboxParser::Mail::Body(3pm)