Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use ./*glob*
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use ./*glob* Post 303022877 by drew77 on Saturday 8th of September 2018 10:18:34 PM
Old 09-08-2018
From the zip manual

Code:
Wildcards:
  Internally zip supports the following wildcards:
    ?       (or %% or #, depending on OS) matches any single character
    *       matches any number of characters, including zero

Am I to understand that zip would know what to do with zip file.zip *.sh ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl IO vs GLOB symbols

Hi, Can someone please clarify how we are able to use both IO and GLOB symbols of a package variable interchangeably? Please consider the following code: open(FH,"myfile") || die "Unable to open file myfile:$@"; my $glob_var = *main::FH{GLOB}; my $io_var = *main::FH{IO}; print $glob_var... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

glob not matching all files in perl

I encountered a weird issue with globbing in perl not returning all files, while I was testing out a script for recursive dir-processing on my Synology NAS. Basically it didn't show (/match?) all the files in a specific directory. If I move the file to a different directory or even rename it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract only decimal numbers for a glob of text

If you have a look at this thread, you'll see that users have been posting the output a script which are numbers that range from 2 to 5 decimal places. If I dump this entire thread to txt file, how can I: 1) Delete everything except for numbers of the following formats (where 'x' is a digit and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - glob () - How to grep same files with different extension files

Hi I Have a directory and i have some files below abc.txt abc.gif gtee.txt ghod.pid umni.log unmi.tar How can use glob function to grep abc files , i have created a variable "text" and i assigned value as "abc", please suggest me how can we use glob.glob( ) to get the output as below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using glob() in python script in Linux

Hi I need some suggestion on glob function. I am trying to write a python program to grep some specific files in a particular directory. In the directory i have some files like below abc.log abc.pid abc.tar gadd.tar gat.log gat.tar in this directory i need to grep onlu my hostname files,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with user input including * (glob) and sed

Hello All, I have created a script that searches for different things and "sanitizes" the findings from files. Currently the user is required to put in a hostname (server.serverfarm.abc) one at a time to replace. I would like the user be able to use *.*.abc in grep and then pipe into sed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvezinat
1 Replies
glob.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     glob.h(3HEAD)

NAME
glob.h, glob - pathname pattern-matching types SYNOPSIS
#include <glob.h> DESCRIPTION
The <glob.h> header defines the structures and symbolic constants used by the glob(3C). The structure type glob_t contains the following members: size_t gl_pathc /* count of paths matched by pattern */ char **gl_pathv /* pointer to a list of matched pathnames */ size_t gl_offs /* lots to reserve at the beginning of gl_pathv */ The following constants are provided as values for the flags argument: GLOB_APPEND Append generated pathnames to those previously obtained. GLOB_DOOFFS Specify how many null pointers to add to the beginning of gl_pathv. GLOB_ERR Cause glob() to return on error. GLOB_MARK Each pathname that is a directory that matches pattern has a slash appended. GLOB_NOCHECK If pattern does not match any pathname, then return a list consisting of only pattern. GLOB_NOESCAPE Disable backslash escaping. GLOB_NOSORT Do not sort the pathnames returned. The following constants are defined as error return values: GLOB_ABORTED The scan was stopped because GLOB_ERR was set or (*errfunc)() returned non-zero. GLOB_NOMATCH The pattern does not match any existing pathname, and GLOB_NOCHECK was not set in flags. GLOB_NOSPACE An attempt to allocate memory failed. GLOB_NOSYS Reserved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
glob(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 glob.h(3HEAD)