Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Samba share on software raid1 Post 303022386 by tomislav91 on Friday 31st of August 2018 04:06:19 AM
Old 08-31-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Hmmmmm.......so both members of the RAID are shown as present and active....good.

So this RAID is on device /dev/md0

(After the RAID is create you should never address these disks as their original devices (/dev/dsk/... or whatever the format is on Ubuntu), only as /dev/md0.

What command are you using to mount the RAID where you want it? Are you specifying /dev/md0? If so, the system should know that it's a RAID mirror and if one disk fails, access to data on the surviving copy should remain.
Code:
sudo mount /dev/md0 /mnt/raid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i set up Software disk mirroring(Raid1) in SCO 5.0.5 with two SCSI harddisk ?

thank u very much, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coralsea
1 Replies

2. Linux

Facing problem in Samba share

Hi, I am facing problem while accessing samba share on Linux 5.1 from windows, though I have done the same configuration on Linux 4 (Update 2), on Red Hat 4.0 it is working but while on Linux 5.1 these configuration are not working, I have disabled the firewall also. Kindly suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Linux

Samba share script

Hi everyone! I'm trying to run a script when a folder is shared and when it stop being shared. Is there something like .start_share or .stop_share scripts in Samba where I could run some commands?:confused: edit: maybe with a wrapper in smbmount but I share folders via nautilus. Any ideas? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funyotros
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems between a HP UX 11.31 Samba share and Windows 7...

Hi I have an issue with a client. He was able to use his mounted Samba share for a long time. However, a couple of days ago, he wasn't able to access all of his files all of a sudden. He still see's the share and majority of the files, but not some that he needs. I checked with Secure CRT on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

5. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Map AD groups to Samba share?

I am setup a samba share server which is authenticating from Active Directory. I am able to access the share with AD user but not able to access when group defined in "valid users" parameters. below are the steps i performed. In smb.conf workgroup = QASLABS password server =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba share problem in Linux 6.4

Hi , In samba i have shared my home directory, but its showing as a printer. Not able to share data. $ smbclient -L 192.168.122.1 Enter priyank's password: Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- shared_priyank Printer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba Share access from windows

Hello, I want to connect to two samba shares both on the same Linux box but each with a different username from a windows server 2008. I created 2 gpos to connect and I can connect to the shares individually via net use command, but once I entered credentials for one of the shares, it seems I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaineyma
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Samba share - currently not working

Long running samba share. Never have any problems, Suddenly started asking windows users for password - which doesnt work. Tried to manually reset smb password and manually map - still wrong password. Restart samba? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a samba share

Hi, I need to mount a directory from a Windows server to a CentOS box. The Windows server used is Windows Server 2003, and the path to the directory that I want to mount on CentOS is C:\Tomcat6\webapps\NASApp\logs. I am not sure of the correct way to mount this on CentOS, as most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
raidreconf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     raidreconf(8)

NAME
raidreconf - reconfigure RAID arrays SYNOPSIS
raidreconf -h {--help} - or - raidreconf -V {--version} - or - raidreconf -o oldraidtab -n newraidtab -m /dev/md? - or - raidreconf -i /dev/sd?? -n newraidtab -m /dev/md? - or - raidreconf -n newraidtab -m /dev/md? -e /dev/sd?? WARNING
You should back up all data BEFORE any attempt is made to reconfigure a RAID device. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. The author will give you no guarantee whatsoever, that this program works in any specific way at all. It may well destroy all data on any device connected directly, indirectly, or not at all, to any system this software is used on. Please use this stuff with care, if you decide to use it at all. Ok, that said, let's see how to actually use it :-) DESCRIPTION
raidreconf will read two raidtab files, an old one, and a new one. It will then re-build your old array to match the configuration for the new array, while retaining all data possible. It can also be used to import a single block-device into a RAID array (using more block devices), or export a RAID array to a single block- device. raidreconf can, of course, only retain your original data if you grow the configuration. If you shrink the configuration from say, P bytes to Q bytes, raidreconf will retain the first Q bytes of your original data, but everything from Q bytes to the end of the old array (to P bytes) will be lost. Currently raidreconf can grow and shrink RAID-0 and RAID-5 arrays, and import non-RAID devices into a new RAID-0 or RAID-5. The whole purpose of raidreconf is to be able to add disks to an existing array, or convert it to a new type (eg. RAID-0 to RAID-5) without losing data. raidreconf will move the existing data around on your array, to match the layout of the new array. OPTIONS
-h {--help} Raidreconf will print a short help message, and exit. -V {--verbose} Raidreconf will print it's version information, and exit. -o {--old} oldraidtab Specifies the path name of the old (current) raidtab. NOTE: raidreconf performs some tests to ensure that this configuration file matches the raid superblocks stored on the disk, but there may be scenarios where the two are in conflict, but aren't detected as such. Be very careful to specify this file properly. -n {--new} newraidtab Specifies the path name of the new raidtab. After raidreconf finishes, copy the newraidtab to the oldraidtab location, as raidreconf doesn't perform this (potentially dangerous) operation. -m {--mddev} /dev/md? Specifies the name of the raid array to modify. -i {--import} /dev/sd?? Specifies the name of the device to import from. -e {--export} /dev/sd?? Specifies the name of the device to export to. BUGS
Perhaps many. Well, the basic RAID-0 growth, shrink and import algorithms seem to work, but there are lots and lots of consistency checks and graceful error handling missing. The RAID-5 algorithms are simplistic, with little optimization other than that provided by the buffer layer. Conversions between non-RAID, RAID-0, and RAID-5 all *seem* to work, but there may be some bugs left yet. If an error occurs during reconfiguration, a power failure for example, restore from backup (you DID make a backup, right?), and try again. Although RAID-4 is not supported, and almost no one uses it, it would be almost trivial to add. REPORTING BUGS
Since this is highly experimental software, there are a number of known bugs already. The author would of course like to know about bugs, but at this stage in development you shouldn't waste too much of your time trying to hunt them down. They're probably known, and maybe already fixed in the author's tree. Report bugs to <bugs@oss.connex.com>. ????? AUTHOR
raidreconf was written in 1999 by Jakob Oestergaard <jakob@ostenfeld.dk> The RAID-5 routines were written by Daniel S. Cox in 2001 <dcox@connex.com> SEE ALSO
mkraid(8), raidtab(5), raidstart(8), raidhotadd(8), raidhotremove(8), raidstop(8) raidreconf(8)