Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code that has to end no matter what Post 303022361 by drew77 on Thursday 30th of August 2018 03:14:00 PM
Old 08-30-2018
Code that has to end no matter what

Since this is maxxing out my CPU, is there anything I can add that will make sure stress always ends?

Code:
echo "CPU Stress Test" >> CPU_Stress_Test.txt
echo "stress --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 2 --vm-bytes 128M --timeout 1m" >> CPU_Stress_Test.txt
echo >> CPU_Stress_Test.txt
date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M" >> CPU_Stress_Test.txt
sensors -f | grep "temp4" >> CPU_Stress_Test.txt
# Send fan speed as well
sensors -f | grep "fan1" >> CPU_Stress_Test.txt
#
stress --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 2 --vm-bytes 128M --timeout 2m

I found this.

Code:
#!/bin/bash 
function finish {
  # Your cleanup code here
}
trap finish EXIT 

You place any code that you want to be certain to run in this     "finish" function.  A good common example: creating a temporary     scratch directory, then deleting it after.
   #!/bin/bash
scratch=$(mktemp -d -t tmp.XXXXXXXXXX)
function finish {
  rm -rf "$scratch"
}
trap finish EXIT

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Need help with this matter

I have a PC that was built in Europe pre-installed with Windows 2000. The HDD is 40GB, but, its split up as two 20GB (Taken up by Windows). I want to take over my Mandrake 9.1 CDs and install Linux on that machine. My question is, how would I proceed to install Linux this way??? Now, If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardialer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete matter in between two lines

help I am having text file like this... ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 1 row updated ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal to the front no matter what

Is there a way to bring the terminal script to the front? I am running this script through OMCEdit which is then running it through Terminal. I have some dialog boxes (using osascript) and the dialog boxes are not coming to the front...Terminal bounces and I have to click on Terminal to see the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mainegate
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep matter between braces

#include<header.h> void classname :: pvvd_init ( abcd ,efgh ,ijkl ,mnop ) { rvcl_tabl_name_tabl.pvvd_init ( xxxx ,"tabl_mame" ) ; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies
RDUP-UP(1)							       rdup								RDUP-UP(1)

NAME
rdup-up - update a directory tree with a rdup archive SYNOPSIS
rdup-up [OPTION]... DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
With rdup-up you can update an (possibly) existing directory structure with a rdup archive. The rdup archive has to be given to rdup-up's standard input. Username and uids rdup outputs both the username and uid, the receiving system (which may be a totally different system) checks if the username and uid match. If the username and uid don't match the (numeric) uid is used on the file. The same holds true for the groupname and gid. OPTIONS
-n Do a dry-run and do not create anything on disk. -t Create DIRECTORY (ala mkdir -p) if it does not exist. -s N Strip N path components from a pathname. If the resulting pathname is empty after this operation it is skipped. Be careful however with the following structure: /foo /foo/bar /foo/bar/bla.txt /foo/blork/bla.txt With rdup-up -s2 this will leave: <empty> <empty> /bla.txt /bla.txt And the last 'bla.txt' will overwrite the previous one, this will happen without warnings. -r PATH This option is related to the -s option, but works different. The string PATH is removed from (the beginning of) each pathname. With -r /home/backup the pathname /home/backup/bin/mycmd becomes /bin/mycmd. The same could be done with -s 2, but then you need to count the slashes. Note -s is always performed before -r. -v Be more verbose and echo the processed files to standard output. -vv Be even more verbose and echo processed file and the uid and gid information to standard output. -T Show a table of contents of the rdup stream received (ala tar -tf -). With -T the directory argument is optional. -T unsets any verbose (-v) options. -h A short help message. -V Show the version. EXIT CODE
rdup-up return a zero exit code on success, otherwise 1 is returned. AUTHOR
Written by Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <miek@miek.nl>. SEE ALSO
http:/www.miek.nl/projects/rdup/ is the main site of rdup. Also see rdup(1), rdup-tr(1) and rdup-backups(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2010 Miek Gieben. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Licensed under the GPL version 3. See the file LICENSE in the source distribution of rdup. 1.1.11 13 Dec 2008 RDUP-UP(1)