Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional delete
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional delete Post 303022321 by RudiC on Thursday 30th of August 2018 03:19:46 AM
Old 08-30-2018
OK, my fault, I may have taken too much for granted. Pls. modify as
Code:
                 if (T[1] == KnownTime)         {print "echo rm " LastFile
                                                 print SUM += $2 * $3
                                                 if (SUM >= Needed) exit
                                                }
                 KnownTime = T[1]
                 LastFile = $1
                }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Statements

How can I compare two decimal values within a function using Bash? Function fun2 isn't comparing the decimal values. Is there a way to do this using Bash or Korn? #!/bin/bash set -x x=1 z=110 function fun1() { i=`bc << EOF 2>> /dev/null scale=3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conditional

conditional is not wworking can any one figure out what goes wrong xx1=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s apps/ostgapps1 2>/dev/null << EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1 set head off feedback off ; WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE; select count(*) from CMS_INVOICE_ALL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi all, The following code is to find if a list of numbers from one file are within the range in another file. awk -F, '\ BEGIN { while ((getline < "file2") > 0) file2=$3 } {for (col1 in file2) if ($0>=30 && $1<=45) print $0} ' FILE1 But where I have the number 30 and 45, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if conditional statement

Hi, I have a script like this: sample.sh mapping=$1 if then echo "program passed" fi I'm running the above script as ./sample.sh pass The script is not getting executed and says "integer expression expected" Could anyone kindly help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional search and delete using SED / Shell script

Hi, I want to perform a conditional search and remove my search string. Input string: "abcdaabcadgfaarstab" Character to search: "a" Condition: Remove all "a" in the input string except if it is "aa" Output string: "bcdaabcdgfaarstb" Can you please help me in this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dominiclajs
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional execution

Here's an interesting (to me, anyway) little puzzle. Background: I have a process that restores a number of large(ish) files from tape backup. As an individual file is being written, it is owned by root, then the ownership is changed when that file is complete. Since this process can take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

(g)awk conditional substitution issues when attempting to delete character

A portion of my input is as follows: 1087 IKON01,49 A WA- -1 . -1 . 0 W WA- -1 . -1 . 0 . -1 . -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 W 1088 IKON01,49 A J.@QU80MW. 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional delete -- New glitch

Hi Please dont consider this as duplicated post.. I am using below pattern to find delete files to bringdown disc size.. however how i can make sure ist going to correct folder and searching for files... while print "echo rm " LastFile correctly print files names for deletion, but when i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
7 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. AUTHOR
Written by Rene Scharfe. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by David Greaves, Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[1]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)