Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022303 by bakunin on Wednesday 29th of August 2018 03:45:39 PM
Old 08-29-2018
Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but i can't let this one go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
I am an AMIGA fanatic still and was searching for a basic FFT routine for Python 1.4.0 for the AMIGA.
My suggestion is to first do it in Assembler. Doing it in Python (or any other interpreted language, except probably FORTH) is like trying to build a race car - out of Lego. And, second, to do it on a DSP. I am not up to date with the latest DSPs any more, but i suggest to take a look at the C66x series from Texas Instruments or the ADSP-SC57x series from Analog Devices. Both are RT-capable floating-point DSPs and from my personal experience (TI32C80 from TI, i can't remember the name of the AD machine) both manufacturers made great procs. You might also try the still available 56k-series by Motorola. I used these (especially the 56001) a lot back in the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That's a good answer but it's a bit off topic for the question I posed
I tried to explain the reason why i don't generally hang out in other tech forae (but in person instead) AND i offered (admittedly only by implication) a topic we could maybe expand to: right now we focus on factual questions that have some "exact" answer(s) to them. Something like "how to do X?", for which there may be one or at most a handful of correct answers, but all the possible answers will be either "right" or "wrong". They will either result in "X" or not.

What we don't have (and what other forae, like askubuntu, stack overflow, etc., are lacking too IMHO) is a place for discussions about more strategic topics. I.e. "how to select a fitting DevOps system for a given company/data center)?" or "best practices for being ITIL-compliant?". I admit that such a place would be a lot more difficult to moderate than our "normal" boards because the difference between spam and content might be blurrier. On the other hand it would also set us apart from the crowd if we can find a way to make it work.

I hope i made my point clearer now.

bakunin

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)                                                       Git Manual                                                       GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream SYNOPSIS
git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]] DESCRIPTION
Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>. The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1). Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits that do not. OPTIONS
-v Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s. <upstream> Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD. <head> Working branch; defaults to HEAD. <limit> Do not report commits up to (and including) limit. EXAMPLES
Patch workflows git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this: $ git checkout -b topic origin/master # work and create some commits $ git format-patch origin/master $ git send-email ... 00* Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic): $ git fetch # update your notion of origin/master $ git cherry -v Concrete example In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A |/ o 1234567 branch point In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied: $ git cherry origin/master topic - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master, while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master. Using a limit The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example, this might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F [... snip ...] | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A |/ o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic: $ git cherry origin/master topic base - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A SEE ALSO
git-patch-id(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHERRY(1)