Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022289 by Neo on Wednesday 29th of August 2018 09:17:24 AM
Old 08-29-2018
Hey Ravinder,

If you can fully describe the reward / rating system you want to implement, in a way that it can be coded, then I will consider coding it.

Regarding "new technologies" that seems a good idea but my experience is that it is up to users (like you and others) to post want they want to post. Creating tags and sub forums will not change that.

In other words, it is up to the members to post and tag on the tech they want to talk about.

I agree with you that we need people to be more active. UNIX and Linux technology has been around for a long time and so it's not "the latest and greatest" like Javascript, for example. Not sure how we can get folks "excited more" about these very long established technologies when there are so many newer technologies.

Creating new forums with the names of new technologies will not help, I don't think, but I could be wrong.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
libloginhelper(3)						C Library Functions						 libloginhelper(3)

NAME
libloginhelper - Login-Helper library for assistive technologies DESCRIPTION
An interface for use by assistive technologies by which they can access system information and services on a 'need to know' basis while the screen is locked, during user authentication, or during other sensitive operations. This interface is intended for use by assistive technologies and related user-enabling services, and by applications and utilities which may wish to restrict access to certain system devices and services during security-sensitive states, e.g. when the screen is locked or dur- ing authentication into some secure service. Such 'applications' (for instance, screen lock dialogs and security-enabled web browsers) use the LoginHelper client interfaces, and the bonobo-activation query service, to query for assistive technologies which advertise the LoginHelper service. The client then queries these assistive technologies for their device I/O requirements, via the getDeviceReqs call. The client may then issue the advisory request set- Safe (TRUE), which requests that the LoginHelper -implementing service make a best-effort attempt to make itself more secure (for instance, an onscreen keyboard might turn off word prediction, and a screenreader may turn off keyboard echo via speech). The return value of setSafe is an advisory indication of whether this attempt was successful (no specific guarantees are implied). Once the 'security sensitive' state is exited, the client should call setSafe (FALSE). The return values from getDeviceReqs inform the client of which services the LoginHelper service (e. g. assistive technology) needs in order to do its job. The client may use this information to loosen any restrictions on access which it may currently have in place (for instance, keyboard grabs, etc.). If it does not do so, the likely outcome is that the end-user will experience loss of access to the sys- tem. Additional information is also available from the following site: http://www.gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-idl/html/classAccessibility_1_1LoginHelper.html FILES
The following files are used by this library: /usr/lib/libloginhelper.so Login-Helper library for assistive technologies ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-a11y-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libatk-1.0(3), libcspi(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) NOTES
login-helper module is in at-spi package. SunOS 5.11 7 Aug 2008 libloginhelper(3)