Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022274 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 29th of August 2018 04:35:50 AM
Old 08-29-2018
Hello Neo,

Yes, I try to hang out in SO(Stack overflow) site. So I check parallel UNIX.com and SO both for my hunger to solve more questions.

Reason for hanging out in other forums: yes, I have to agree that on SO there are more number of users with more questions, as I always mention more questions(sensible/real ones) more we learn. So for me that is 1 of the MAJOR reason(that is why in my previous post I posted same thing too Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.). Other reason(which I mentioned previously in posts too) they have many competitive stuff like ranks(weekly/monthly/yearly) etc which in some other we could also do, as we all need some kind of encouragement element.

EDIT: missed another MAJOR reason which is they have NEW upcoming technologies with their experts too which helps me and others too for learning them(this point was mention too in mentioned post), if we could create sub forums or TAGS etc for upcoming technologies and can we have experts here we will definitely see more number of users visiting our this GREAT site UNIX.com Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 08-29-2018 at 05:42 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)

NAME
Arch::LiteWeb - simple way to access web pages SYNOPSIS
my $web = Arch::LiteWeb->new; my $content = $web->get("http://some.domain:81/some/path"); die $web->error . " while processing " . $web->request_url unless $content; my $content_type = $web->response_headers->{content_type}; DESCRIPTION
This class provides a basic and easy to use support for the client-side HTTP. It is supplied in order to avoid dependency on LWP. If such dependency is not a problem, consider to use LWP instead that provides much better support for HTTP and other protocols. METHODS
The following class methods are available: get, post, request_url, error, error_with_url, network_error, response_code, response_codestr, response_error, response_headers, response_content. get url [params ...] Execute HTTP get of the given url and return the html string or undef on network/response error. Use other methods to get the details about the error and the response. params is key-value hash, the following keys are supported: url_host - only used if url is none url_port - only used if url is none(80) url_path - only used if url is none endl - default is "1512" timeout - default is 20 seconds user_agent - default is "Arch::LiteWeb/0.1" nocache - add a no-cache header noredirect - don't follow redirect responses max_redirect_depth - default is 5 use_proxy - default is false proxy_url - proxy url ($http_proxy supported too) proxy_host - only used if proxy_url is none proxy_port - only used if proxy_url is none(80) post url input [params] Not implemented yet. request_url Actual url of the last issued request or undef. If partial redirect responses are enabled, then the result is the last (non-redirect) url. error If the last request resulted in error (i.e. get/post returned undef), then this method returns the error message, otherwise it returns undef. This is just a shortcut for network_error || response_error. error_with_url Like error, but with " while fetching request_url " text appended if non undef. network_error The network error message for the last request or undef. response_error The response error message for the last request or undef. response_code The last response code (integer) or undef. response_codestr The last response code (string) or undef. response_headers The last response headers (hashref of HTTP headers) or undef. response_content The last response content or undef. This is the same thing that the last get/post returns. BUGS
Not intended for use in mission-critical applications. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). SEE ALSO
For more information, see LWP, LWP::Simple. perl v5.10.1 2005-03-25 Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)