Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022219 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of August 2018 03:51:02 AM
Old 08-28-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
*) in this adventure game with the bad gameplay and the phantastic graphics called reality

That's a good answer but it's a bit off topic for the question I posed, which was about forums, websites and other online discussion groups (like this one):

Your Favorite Tech Support (Web) Sites and Why?

I'm sure many people here participate in other web sites and forums like this one, and I want to know which ones they like, why they like them (or don't like them) and what features we can add that would be helpful here (primarily on the user side, not the moderator / admin side).

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
passage(6)							       Games								passage(6)

NAME
passage - a game about the passage through life SYNOPSIS
passage DESCRIPTION
Passage is a video game written by Jason Rohrer about navigating the maze that is life and the obstacles, rewards, disappointments, chal- lenges, relationships and the inevitable departure that is part of the adventure of life. Passage is an art game. As a result, some people love it and some people hate it. Check out the links to places it has been discussed on the website for some of the reactions. The mechanics of the game are fairly simple. Your "score" is related to two things; exploration and treasure. Treasure pieces are repre- sented by blue stars that you find in the treasure chests scattered about the maze of life's challenges. Some chests will be empty, so you must learn which sequence of gems on the front of the chests means treasure is inside. You have the option to team up with a spouse. If you do, exploring life will be more rewarding but some treasure will no longer be reachable. As in life, your spouse will die and that death will slow you down. In the end, you will die alone after your 5 minutes is up. The most interesting part about this game is the emotions it evokes within the player of the game. The ultra-low-res pixel art helps here, by not being too distracting and by leaving plenty room for viewer interpretation. The followup to Passage is Gravitation, another art game by Jason Rohrer. USAGE
Passage has no command-line options. The arrow keys move the player around. The Esc key is used to quit the game. The game resolution and use of fullscreen or a window can be set by editing the files in /etc/passage. SEE ALSO
The website and discussion: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/ The game creators statement: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/statement.html March 2008 passage(6)