Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse for 2 numbers in large single line Post 303022172 by bakunin on Sunday 26th of August 2018 07:32:27 PM
Old 08-26-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hburnswell
If there is something really wrong with this approach

Code:
synced_flush () {

$curl -s -u ${creds} -X POST "localhost:9200/_flush/synced" | \
        grep -Eo "shards[^}]*failed\":[0-9]*" | \
        sed -e 's/.*://'

}

Not "really wrong", but you can optimise a bit. Change:

Code:
        grep -Eo "shards[^}]*failed\":[0-9]*" | \
        sed -e 's/.*://'

to

Code:
        sed -n ' /^{"_shards.*failed":[0-9]/ {
                            s/.*failed://
                            s/\([0-9]*\).*/\1/p
                   }'

as sed can do everything grep is able to do, so you need only one of them. Usually this doesn't make a big difference but if the combination is called many times over the one saved process amounts to some considerably less time needed.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse large numbers of shell scripts

I am trying to parse hundreds of shell scripts to determine how they related to each other. Ideally for every script, I would get an output of: What other scripts it calls What files it reads Environment variables it accesses Any ideas on how to do this? TIA! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bliss
2 Replies

2. AIX

Backup single large file

Hi I have a single large file 11gb that I need to copy/backup to tape then restore on another system. I tried tar but that complained about the file being too large Anyone have any suggestions how I can do this with AIX 5.2 Much appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvescot
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A mistake in awk command I used to parse numbers

Hi I have a big file with a certain pattern (shown below) from which I need to parse out some digits in tabular format. The format of the file is: '-' indicates text which doesn't to be parsed # Output of huzzle for sequence file 1000.Clade1.html - - - -- -------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

4. Programming

Working with extremely large numbers in C

Hi All, I am just curious, not programming anything of my own. I know there are libraries like gmp which does all such things. But I really need to know HOW they do all such things i.e. working with extremely large unimaginable numbers which are beyond the integer limit. They can do add,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse large file on line count (random lines)

I have a file that needs to be parsed into multiple files every time there line contains a number 1. the problem i face is the lines are random and the file size is random. an example is that on line 4, 65, 187, 202 & 209 are number 1's so there has to be file breaks between all those to create 4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darbs121
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a single line file and store value.

I have a single line file like this : Average Fragmentation Quotient : 3.084121 Now I want to store the value which comes after ":" i,e 3.084121 into a variable. And if this variable crosses above 6 i want to call another script... can any one help me on this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyp_Todd
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hope to create a file with two large column, with several numbers

I hope to create a file made up of 2 columns - first column print out number 0~61000 every 50 of it - second column just contains 0 delineated by space such as 0 0 50 0 100 0 150 0 200 0 ... 60900 0 60950 0 61000 0 Which command should I need to use? I think I might need to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: exsonic
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Long List Of Large Numbers

Hi All, I have a file with long list of numbers. This file contains only one column. These numbers are very large. I am using following command: cat myfile.txt | awk '{ sum+=$1} END {print sum}' The output is coming in scientific notation. How do I get the result in proper format? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line breaks to perl command with large text in single quotes?

Below code extracts multiple field values from XML into array and prints all in one line. perl -nle '@r=/(?: jndiName| authDataAlias| value| minConnections| maxConnections| connectionTimeout| name)="(+)/g and print join ",",$ENV{tIPnSCOPE},$ENV{pr ovider},$ENV{impClassName},@r' server.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to parse the multiple definitions from a single line and assign

Hi, I need a help on my requirement that eg: NEED="TEST=Name WORK=Ps DEL=let" Here the definition can be n number, could anybody have an idea to get the output as, TEST=Name WORK=Ps DEL=let .. .. till the 'n' definitions listed. Any suggestions please..... Regards, ricky (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky-row
6 Replies
SYSLOGOUT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SYSLOGOUT(8)

NAME
syslogout - modular centralized shell logout mechanism DESCRIPTION
syslogout is a generic approach to enable centralized shell logout actions for all users of a given system in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysadmins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/syslogout shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are con- tained in the /etc/syslogout.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by the /etc/syslogout script. For shell sessions, the contents of /etc/syslogout.d/" will be sourced by every user at logout if the following lines are present in his $HOME/.bash_logout: if [ -f /etc/syslogout ]; then . /etc/syslogout fi If used for X sessions it is advisable to include the former statement into the Xreset script of the X display manager instead to prevent that closing of an terminal emulator window yields unexpected results in your running X session if your X11 terminal emulator is using a login shell. Be sure then to run it under the user-id of the X session's user. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ for illustration. Users not wanting /etc/syslogout to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosyslogout in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/syslogout.d/ can simply be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.syslogout.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/syslogout.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syslo- gout.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private scripts to be automagically executed by /etc/syslogout at logout time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ and the manual page for bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at login time check out the related package sysprofile(8) which is a very close compan- ion to syslogout. BUGS
syslogout in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
syslogout was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSLOGOUT(8)