Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Logical Error With Type Conversion In C Post 303021962 by Corona688 on Tuesday 21st of August 2018 03:03:49 PM
Old 08-21-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael
Very odd. I had tried using letters in place of the numbers I had in the switch/case before, but I could not get it to work.
Single and double quotes are very different things in C. In C, "A" means a string -- amounting to the array { 'A', '\0' }. And 'A' is just the number 65.

Quote:
If I print out the m_array with something like this:

Code:
for (i = 0; i < DATA_SIZE; i++){
            printf("%x\n", m_array[i]);
    }

I get back an array of random numbers that I generated from another function:

Code:
 ./test | tail 
8885ffc9
77a822d5
bf34d05d
bc229af3
fc171fb9
ab7d3609
4815ef59
83facdc3
7d77bf58
881d17ea

Then I have another function that should randomly select an element from that array, or for any of the arrays from characters that match, and use one number to replace the letter given. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Numbers that large won't fit in your input array. chars are numbers, but their range is only -128 through +127. It'll work fine if you use a separate array of type 'int' output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in creating logical partition

Dear Members, I am using SCO-Unix 5.0.5. I have created 2 logical drives but some of the blocks are overlapped and are now giving warning during startup. I have used fsck to settle the problems but to no avail. Kindly help me to sort out the problem. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendrajaiswal
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does KSH support data type conversion?

Hello,everyone here. I'm coding with KSH to achieve exploring the disk space and judging whether it closes to overflow.But It seems that no one way to convert a string variable to integer. df | read A B C D E F G H I J K L print ${L} Can I convert L to integer type? Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshuaduan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error during run: St9bad_alloc - Getting this error while using some conversion progr

Hi all, It will be very useful If you spare some time with me for this worrying error. I am calling a conversion program which is written in C++ for converting a file format to different format. It was working fine for this past 2 yrs. But now it is not working since the file size has been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathu_pec
1 Replies

4. AIX

Type of Logical Volume lost after vgexport/gvimport process

Hi, I have the next doubt about of lost of characteristic of LV in my original configuration # lsvg -l ifxvg ifxvg: LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT aw64m_01 jfs 1 1 1 open/syncd N/A aw64m_02 jfs 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerber0
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical error

I have this script to uvscan-update. Seems like that i am getting logical error at the end of the script. It is updating the script and also giving the error message to update it manually. I have deleted the DAT files to see if it will create new and it does. Below is the error and the script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk07md
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Military type format date/time conversion

Hello All, I have a requirement to convert a 12 hour format to 24 hour time format and the sample input /out put is below Input Time format : Nov 2 2011 12:16AM Out Put Format : Nov 2 2011 0:16 Input : Nov 2 2011 4:16PM Out Put: Nov 2 2011 16:16 I have done this using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
6 Replies

8. Programming

type conversion C, atoi()

In the book "The C programming language"; second edition, chapter 2.7 there is a snippet which is supposed to: "convert a string of digits into its numeric equivalent". int atoi(char s) { int i, n; n = 0; for ( i = 0; s >= '0' && s <= '9'; ++i) n = 10 * n + (s -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical if error

Hi All, I am writing a simple script to read a file and display the lines with char count between 20 and 25. I am stuck with the if condition here. Tried a lot but still getting an error on the if condition # if && if && My script is very simple as below, not able to understand... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
7 Replies
CUBRID_ERRNO(3) 							 1							   CUBRID_ERRNO(3)

cubrid_errno - Return the numerical value of the error message from previous CUBRID operation

SYNOPSIS
int cubrid_errno ([resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the error number from the last CUBRID function. The cubrid_errno(3) function is used to get the error code of the error that occurred during the API execution. Usually, it gets the error code when API returns false as its return value. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier - The CUBRID connection identifier. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last connection opened by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns the error number from the last CUBRID function, or 0 (zero) if no error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_errno(3) example <?php $con = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb', 'dba', ''); $req = cubrid_execute($con, "select id, name from person"); if ($req) { while (list ($id, $name) = cubrid_fetch($req)) echo $id, $name; } else { echo "Error Code: ", cubrid_errno($con); echo "Error Message: ", cubrid_error($con); } ?> The above example will output: Error Code: -493 Error Message: Syntax: Unknown class "person". select id, [name] from person SEE ALSO
cubrid_error(3), cubrid_error_code(3), cubrid_error_msg(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_ERRNO(3)