Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to use Virtual Tape?
Operating Systems AIX How to use Virtual Tape? Post 303021723 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 15th of August 2018 01:09:00 PM
Old 08-15-2018
In this case I expect you will need to remove it first. Not because you could have two virtual tapedrives, but because I expect you only have one Backing Device (in your case qadisk1).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

2. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add virtual tape?

Dear All, I have some lpar that i want to connect with DAT tape drive. how can i add to the lpar, so can access the tape drive here is the detail of my lpar: root@erpqa:/>uname -L 2 erpqa root@erpqa:/>lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined Virtual Tape Drive rmt1 Available... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: only
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
hal-device(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    hal-device(1M)

NAME
hal-device - manage HAL devices SYNOPSIS
hal-device [-h] [--a udi | --r udi] DESCRIPTION
The Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) provides a view of the various hardware attached to a system. The hal-device command enables you to manage devices that conform to the HAL standard. Specifically, hal-device lets you add or remove a device to or from the HAL global device list. Device properties are read from stdin in lshal(1M) syntax. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a, --add udi Add device specified by Universal Device Identifier udi to HAL's global device list. -h Display usage information. -r, --remove udi Remove device specified by Universal Device Identifier udi from HAL's global device list. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 25 Aug 2006 hal-device(1M)