Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep a log file starting from a specific time to the end of file Post 303021655 by erin00 on Tuesday 14th of August 2018 07:31:46 AM
Old 08-14-2018
I'm not sure if this is what you meant but I am using AIX 7.1. I am getting the error below:
date: 0551-402 Invalid character in date/time specification.
Usage: date [-u] [+"Field Descriptors"]

I think it has something to do with the --date option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print starting 3rd line until end of the file.

Hi, I want to Print starting 3rd line until end of the file. Pls let me know the command. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smc3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from a starting line till the end of the file

Hi Folks, I got to know from this forums on how to grep from a particular line say line 6 awk 'NR==6 {print;exit}' But how do i grep from line 6 till the end of the file or command output. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep starting from a specific position

Hello people, I'm scratch my head to find a solution to my problem, I'm absolutely sure this is very simple!!! :wall: I'm using the tcpdump to show on the screen in real time the UCP traffic: tcpdump -l -i bond1 -s 1514 -nntttt -A src or dst 192.168.1.5 and port 10000 | egrep "/51/"The output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the Content of a LOG File which has latest Date and Time

Hi All, Need a small help. I have a log file which keeps updating for every Minute with multiple number of lines. I just want to grep few properties which has latest Date and Time to it. How do i do it? I wanted to grep a property by name "Reloading cache with a maximum of" from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvindraneel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to grep contents of a file within specific time span. regex i am using is not working

Hi , I am trying to extract contents of a file between specified time stamp. but it does not seem to work. i am trying to extract output of /var/adm/messages between 15:00:00 to 15:23:59 . i have tried two regex the first one seems to kind of work. it displays some output. the second one is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in a log file within a time range (hour)

Hi, im trying to write a grep script that returns me the last inputs added in the last hour in the log file. Literally i have nothing yet but: grep 'Line im looking for' LOGFILE.log | tail -1 this only gives me the last input, but no necessarily from the last hour. Help Please. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file

Hello All, this is my first post so I don't know if I am doing this right. I would like to append entries from a series of strings (contained in a text file) consecutively at the end of specifically labeled lines in another file. As an example: - the file that contains the values to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gus74
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for logs traced between specific date and time from log file

HI, I want to search for a logs which are trace between specific date and time from logs file. My logs are generated like this :- Tue Jun 18 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to process. Thu Jun 20 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
DATETIME.SETDATE(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETDATE(3)

DateTime::setDate - Sets the date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setDate (int $year, int $month, int $day) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_date_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $month, int $day) Resets the current date of the DateTime object to a different date. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $month - Month of the date. o $day - Day of the date. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setDate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_date_set($date, 2001, 2, 3); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2001-02-03 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 28); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 2, 29); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 14, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-02-28 2001-03-01 2002-02-03 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setISODate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETDATE(3)