Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup Script Post 303021240 by apmcd47 on Tuesday 7th of August 2018 04:47:17 AM
Old 08-07-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCraftRayX
Thanks for found quotation marks Smilie I don't know why this script working properly on: ubuntu server 17.10 artful aardvark but on 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" have problem...

And when I leave an empty line without a comment, I get this error:
root@mines:~# sh ./backup.sh
: not found: 2: ./backup.sh:
Can you check that the script has no funny characters in it?
Code:
cat -vet backup.sh

Can you also check that every command you use (mysql, mysqldump, ncftpput etc) are installed? It may be that if this is a new installation not all the utilities you use in this script may be installed by default.

Andrew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup Script

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question but I have a script on an IBM RS6000 that has quit working. I can manually run a backup using SMIT and it appears okay, but not sure about the script. ----------code------------ #!/bin/ksh #set -x echo backup beginning date find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek4sur
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Script

Hi, My SCO Unixware 7.1.1 box is setup to run an EOD backup script, which is as follows: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in backup script

Hello folks. Good Day! i want to backup /var/www directory backup to another system daily basis incremental backup and weekly full backup. Directory name where it should automatically created like 2010-04-20 i mean via script. Can some one help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup script

Hi, I need to write a script that will capture the 8th character on each line (alphanumeric /meta chars) to the 16th character and send to an output file. Any ideas? R, D. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script / Test if script is already running

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions : 1) I have a backup shell script, let's call it backup.sh, that is called every hour as a cron job. As a matter of fact a backup could last more than one hour. It mounts a NAS and then do some rsync on important directories, so really I don't want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Script

I have write the following script, its execution i got following error: !/bin/sh # # dy='date +%d%b%y' hn="ECTMPROD12" bk='/home/backup' sb=$bk'/'$hn # # cm_d01='tar -czf /home/backup/'$hn'_'$dy'_ofhome.tar.gz /home/oracle/ofhome' # # echo "***** start time of ECTMPROD12 backup full"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
3 Replies
deluser.conf(5) 						File Formats Manual						   deluser.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/deluser.conf - configuration file for deluser(8) and delgroup(8). DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/deluser.conf contains defaults for the programs deluser(8) and delgroup(8). Each option takes the form option = value. Dou- ble or single quotes are allowed around the value. Comment lines must have a hash sign (#) at the beginning of the line. deluser(8) and delgroup(8) also read /etc/adduser.conf, see adduser.conf(8); settings in deluser.conf may overwrite settings made in adduser.conf. The valid configuration options are: REMOVE_HOME Removes the home directory and mail spool of the user to be removed. Value may be 0 (don't delete) or 1 (do delete). REMOVE_ALL_FILES Removes all files on the system owned by the user to be removed. If this option is activated REMOVE_HOME has no effect. Values may be 0 or 1. BACKUP If REMOVE_HOME or REMOVE_ALL_FILES is activated all files are backuped before they are removed. The backup file that is created defaults to username.tar(.gz|.bz2) in the directory specified by the BACKUP_TO option. The compression method is chosen to the best that is available. Values may be 0 or 1. BACKUP_TO If BACKUP is activated, BACKUP_TO specifies the directory the backup is written to. Default is the current directory. NO_DEL_PATHS A list of regular expressions, space separated. All files to be deleted in course of deleting home directories or deleting files owned by the user to be deleted are checked against each of these regular expressions. If a match is detected, the file is not deleted. Defaults to a list of system directories, leaving only /home. In other words: By default only files below /home belonging to that specific user are going to be deleted. ONLY_IF_EMPTY Only delete a group if there are no user who belong to this group. Defaults to 0. EXCLUDE_FSTYPES A regular expression which describes all file systems which should be excluded when looking for files of a user to be deleted. Defaults to "(proc|sysfs|usbfs|devpts|tmpfs|afs)". FILES
/etc/deluser.conf SEE ALSO
deluser(8), delgroup(8), adduser.conf(5) Debian GNU/Linux Version 3.113+nmu3 deluser.conf(5)