Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot access saved file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cannot access saved file Post 303021168 by Aia on Sunday 5th of August 2018 10:29:52 PM
Old 08-05-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by annacreek
[...]

Code:
[...]
pi@pi:~ $ nano raspi-config.test  editing works 
pi@pi:~ $ raspi-config.test
-bash: raspi-config.test: command not found
pi@pi:~ $ sudo raspi-config.test
sudo: raspi-config.test: command not found
pi@pi:~ $ chmod +x raspi-config.test
pi@pi:~ $ sudo raspi-config.test
sudo: raspi-config.test: command not found
pi@pi:~ $

[...]
This is good if you want to execute it:
Code:
pi@pi:~ $ chmod +x raspi-config.test

However, this will not work because by default the shell doesn't look into the current directory to find the script, unless that the current directory is part of the $PATH.
Code:

If raspi-config.test contains a shebang run it as
Code:
./raspi-config.test

or the full path if it doesn't have a shebang.
Code:
~/raspi-config.test

You can also run it issuing the shell you want to run it with at the current directory.
Code:
bash raspi-config.test

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

only root's crontab gets not saved

Hi, Something funny is happening over here: when a regular user edits his cron-file (crontab -e) saves and exits vi the correct new cron-file gets installed and saved to disk. But if root does the same, vi saves it but if I then check the cron-file it has the previous contents! I did strace (==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flok
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo file not saved

Hi all, I have edited my sudoers file. I am using visudo command I have added the following lines and saved the file. I am saving the lines as :wq But I am very amazed to see that these lines are not written in the sudoers file. I have retried the above process many times, when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I identify the last saved log?

Our system produce logs when a script is run which may not be daily, the logs have a format: name_YYMMDD.log - both name and .log are consistent, date changes as per the day the script is run. Is there a way of finding the last saved log? (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can STDERR be saved to a variable

Guys i'm trying to save STDERR to a variable for a portion of my ksh script on solaris. I know i can create redirects to files as such: exec 4>/tmp/lava print "This will be saved to /tmp/lava and not screen"; >&4 print "This will be seen on screen" >&2 I want to save the STDOUT of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where alias saved?

step 1 # alias alias cp='cp -i' alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias ll='ls -l --color=tty' alias ls='ls --color=tty' alias mv='mv -i' alias rm='rm -i' alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' step 2 # cat ~/.bashrc # .bashrc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to open a saved file and modify the content

I am looking for a script where I need to open a file and modify the data like changing the parameters.Can anyone help me? open a file software.rsp . It already contains following data. parameter = false threads=100 user= demf The above should be changed to paramter=true thread= 133... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Not getting Saved

Hi , Script File Is Not Getting Saved This Are The Steps I Am Following For Saving And Executing A Script 1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor ) 2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh) #!bin\kash date 3) !wq :( Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Squares in saved code

can you help i am merging 2 files together and saving to a third file with awk and its working with this code awk 'OFS="";NR==FNR{a=$0;next} {print a,"\n","\b",$0}' file1 file2 > file3the problem is in file3 when its saved i get a small square at the start of every 2nd line (see picture) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
6 Replies
Wx::Thread(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Wx::Thread(3)

NAME
Thread - using wxPerl with threads SYNOPSIS
# the order of these use()s is important use threads; use threads::shared; use Wx; my $DONE_EVENT : shared = Wx::NewEventType; my $worker = threads->create( &work ); # create frames, etc my $frame = Wx::Frame->new( ... ); EVT_COMMAND( $frame, -1, $DONE_EVENT, &done ); $app->MainLoop; sub done { my( $frame, $event ) = @_; print $event->GetData; } sub work { # ... do stuff, create a shared $result value my $threvent = new Wx::PlThreadEvent( -1, $DONE_EVENT, $result ); Wx::PostEvent( $frame, $threvent ); } # event handler sub OnCreateThread { # @_ = () is necessary to avoid "Scalars leaked" my( $self, $event ) = @_; @_ = (); threads->create( ... ); } DESCRIPTION
Threaded GUI application are somewhat different from non-GUI threaded applications in that the main thread (which runs the GUI) must never block. Also, in wxWidgets, no thread other than the main thread can manipulate GUI objects. This leads to a hybrid model where worker threads must send events to the main thread in order to change the GUI state or signal their termination. Order of module loading It's necessary for "use Wx" to happen after <use threads::shared>. Sending events from worker threads "Wx::PlThreadEvent" can be used to communicate between worker and GUI threads. The event can carry a shared value between threads. my $DONE_EVENT : shared = Wx::NewEventType; sub work { # ... do some stuff my $progress = new Wx::PlThreadEvent( -1, $DONE_EVENT, $progress ); Wx::PostEvent( $frame, $progress ); # ... do stuff, create a shared $result value my $end = new Wx::PlThreadEvent( -1, $DONE_EVENT, $result ); Wx::PostEvent( $frame, $end ); } The target of the event can be any "Wx::EvtHandler" Receiving events from worker threads "Wx::PlThreadEvent" is a command event and can be handled as such. The "->GetData" method can be used to retrieve the shared data contained inside the event. my $DONE_EVENT : shared = Wx::NewEventType; EVT_COMMAND( $frame, -1, $DONE_EVENT, &done ); sub done { my( $frame, $event ) = @_; print $event->GetData; } Creating new threads Creating new threads from event handlers works without problems except from a little snag. In order not to trigger a bug in the Perl interpreter, all event handler that directly or indirectly cause a thread creation must clean @_ before starting the thread. For example: sub OnCreateThread { my( $self, $event ) = @_; @_ = (); threads->create( ... ); } failure to do that will cause "scalars leaked" warnings from the Perl interpreter. perl v5.10.0 2007-04-28 Wx::Thread(3)