Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How Do I FTP System Files to Different Server? Post 303021059 by spock9458 on Friday 3rd of August 2018 10:43:15 AM
Old 08-03-2018
I don't think the other two are needed either - the S86nps is for Novell networking, and the S99ssinit has something to do with "Equinox" which might have been an older fax system? Anyway, I have a network printer that works with the physical system, set as the default printer, and I know that I will need to set it up in the VM - I'll be trying that soon. But what I want to do is to print a list of files that are in the /etc directory, does anyone know why this would not work?
Code:
ls > lp0

When I try that from within the /etc directory nothing prints at all. Maybe that is not the right command? Any help is appreciated, as always.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Files from one server to another

Hi, I want to run a process on server a, pulling files from server b and pushing it to server c. Can i do that without dropping the files on server a? Thanks, Samit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Not able to FTP the files to a FTP server

Hi , We are facing a weird problem in our project. we need to send some xml & audio files to a remote FTP server from a Linux box, we are doing this in Perl script using Net::FTP->. Issue here is.. when FTPed the files using Perl scripts, only empty files ( 0 byte) are getting created on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorepotta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system. File type: Text file/Flat file Source System: Windows / Unix Systems Target System is always: Unix Mode of Transfer : ASCII We have generic ftp shell script that transfers the files from different ftp servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpundalik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
lprsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lprsetup(8)

Name
       lprsetup - printer spooler set up program

Syntax
       /etc/lprsetup

Description
       The command provides an interactive easy-to-use facility for administrating the line printers on your system.  The program contains on-line
       help and default answers to questions about adding, deleting, or changing the characteristics of any of the line printers on  your  system.
       Whenever  a  question  is  asked,  the  default	selection  is given in ] .  You can press Return in response to the question to accept the
       default, or enter an alternate value for the given parameter.

The program knows about all of the possible symbols in the file.  See for a current list.  After you have entered a printer  specification,
       and  have  verified  that  it  is  correct,  then creates the spooling directory, links the output filter, and creates an entry for the new
       printer.

If the printer is connected to your system, you must specify the printer device name which is in the lp printcap entry.

If lp is set to nn you are prompted to choose between or If your printer is connected to a port on your system, choose the default setting,
       If you choose you are prompted for the baud rate, br.  The default is the recommended baud rate for the printer.

If  you	want  to set up your printer to a LAT line, choose the option.	At this point, proceeds only if you have chosen a valid LAT device
       for lp.	It assumes that the LAT device has been configured for host initiated connections using If it has not, you must do this before the
       queue works.  For information about how to set up a LAT line, see Chapter 3 of the Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers.

If  lp  is  set	to another device, for example the program assumes that you are setting up a printer with a parallel port, for example, It
       does not prompt you for device type information, and serial port specific entries are not put into the entry.

See Also
       printcap(5), lpc(8), MAKEDEV(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers
       Guide to System Environment Setup

lprsetup(8)