Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script using pstree
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script using pstree Post 303020896 by MadeInGermany on Monday 30th of July 2018 02:49:12 PM
Old 07-30-2018
The following is the total amount of the top process plus its children plus its children-children plus...(all down the tree)
Code:
pstree -ac 9059 | wc -l

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

pstree unreadable characters

hi all, i executed this command "pstree" on redhat ent 4 and i got this below with unreadable chars: init─┬─acpid â”─amqzxma0─┬─amqrrmfa │ â”─amqzdmaa │ â”─amqzfuma │ â”─5* │ â”─amqzmgr0─┬─amqpcsea │ │ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Linux

pstree problem

hi friends i want to know that which user has loggged from real terminal(konsole) using pstree please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference between pstree and pstree.x11

anyone knows? both commands lies in /usr/bin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use pstree command?

Hi, How to use the pstree command. I tried to execute as below, not able to interpret/understand the output. pstree -p | grep 525 OUTPUT: $ pstree -p | grep 525 ââscsi_eh_0(525) Can anyone throw some light on this? Many thanks. Rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pstree but without other children of ancestors

Hi, I want to display the process tree of a given PID, however, I don't want to see other children of the ancestors that don't reach the current PID. My goal is, from the tree result, i have to fetch a particular parent process by keyword, and if any other children from parents have the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
XQueryTree(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							  XQueryTree(3X11)

Name
       XQueryTree - query window tree information

Syntax
       Status XQueryTree(display, w, root_return, parent_return, children_return, nchildren_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  Window *root_return;
	  Window *parent_return;
	  Window **children_return;
	  unsigned int *nchildren_return;

Arguments
       children_return
		 Returns a pointer to the list of children.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

nchildren_return
		 Returns the number of children.

parent_return
		 Returns the parent window.

root_return
		 Returns the root window.

w	 Specifies the window whose list of children, root, parent, and number of children you want to obtain.

Description
       The function returns the root ID, the parent window ID, a pointer to the list of children windows, and the number of children in the list
       for the specified window.  The children are listed in current stacking order, from bottommost (first) to topmost (last).  returns zero if
       it fails and nonzero if it succeeds.  To free this list when it is no longer needed, use

Restrictions
       This really should return a screen *, not a root window ID.

See Also
       XFree(3X11), XGetWindowAttributes(3X11), XQueryPointer(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XQueryTree(3X11)