Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing two edge list
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two edge list Post 303020876 by RudiC on Monday 30th of July 2018 04:37:30 AM
Old 07-30-2018
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing data list...

I have a list of files that I want to compare to another list of files, how do I do that? The first list will be my known list and hard coded, for example: mylist="janfile.tar jarfile.jar jan.rpt.Z" etc. The second list will be found by doing an 'ls' piped to a file: ls > filelist.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a distinct value in 1 list with another list

Hi all, I need to compare the contents of 2 directories where the file contents are similar and take out the filenames whose contents does not exist within the 2 directories. Directory1 1 2 3 4 Directory2 54 55 56 57 Does anyone has a script which can do this? At the end of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manualvin
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and list the differences

Hi * I have two text files which has the file size, timestamp and the file name. I need to compare these two files and get the differences in the output format. Can anyone help me out with this. * cat file1.txt *474742 Apr 18* 2010 sample.log *135098 Apr 18* 2010 Testfile 134282 Apr 18* 2010... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing list of files

Hi All, I have a list of files and want to find the difference between each file if there is difference then i want the file name to be printed and log the duplicate files For example Size Filename 23 a1 23 a2 23 a3 45 a4 If i diff a1 and a2 and find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wedng.bell
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 variable in a list with foreach

cat file1 a b c d e f this is what is in my script foreach i (`cat file1`) foreach j (`cat file1`) #do something here end end basically i want to compare ab, ac, ad, ae, af, ba, bc, bd, be.... and also skipping aa,bb if possible.. if that anyway for me to just use 1 foreach? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctphua
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with edge-list

I have an edge-list with nodes, edge.txt A B B J J H C A G H G A A C K G I have another file which tells me which of these nodes are important, input.txt G C A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple network files (edge lists)

I want to compare 4 edge-lists to basically see if an edge is present in all 4 networks. The issue is that an edge A-B in one file can be present as B-A in another file. Example: Input 1: net1.txt A B 0.1 C D 0.65 D E 0.9 E A 0.7 Input 2: net2.txt A Z 0.1 C D 0.65 E D 0.9 E A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing lines within a word list

Hello all- New to this forum, and relatively new to using grep at the Terminal command line to work with regular expressions. I've got a background in math and some programming experience, so it's not been too difficult to learn the basics of searching through my word lists for particular types of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtalvacchio
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a list of numbers is less than a variable

Hello everyone, I want to compare a list of numbers in the file TEST01 to the variable $Post. Also remove any duplicate numbers. Create an if then statement indicating if the numbers listed in TEST01 is less than the number value of $Post then print an error message. Here is the contents of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies
GC(1)							      General Commands Manual							     GC(1)

NAME
gvgen - generate graphs SYNOPSIS
gvgen [ -d? ] [ -cn ] [ -Cx,y ] [ -g[f]x,y ] [ -G[f]x,y ] [ -hn ] [ -kn ] [ -bx,y ] [ -pn ] [ -sn ] [ -Sn ] [ -tn ] [ -Tx,y ] [ -wn ] [ -ooutfile ] DESCRIPTION
gvgen generates a variety of simple, regularly-structured abstract graphs. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c n Generate a cycle with n vertices and edges. -C x,y Generate an x by y cylinder. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y - y edges. -g [f]x,y Generate an x by y grid. If f is given, the grid is folded, with an edge attaching each pair of opposing corner vertices. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y - y - x edges if unfolded and 2*x*y - y - x + 2 edges if folded. -G [f]x,y Generate an x by y partial grid. If f is given, the grid is folded, with an edge attaching each pair of opposing corner vertices. This will have x*y vertices. -h n Generate a hypercube of degree n. This will have 2^n vertices and n*2^(n-1) edges. -k n Generate a complete graph on n vertices with n*(n-1)/2 edges. -b x,y Generate a complete x by y bipartite graph. This will have x+y vertices and x*y edges. -p n Generate a path on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges. -s n Generate a star on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges. -S n Generate a Sierpinski graph of order n. This will have 3*(3^(n-1) - 1)/2 vertices and 3^n edges. -t n Generate a binary tree of height n. This will have 2^n-1 vertices and 2^n-2 edges. -T x,y Generate an x by y torus. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y edges. -w n Generate a path on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges. -o outfile If specified, the generated graph is written into the file outfile. Otherwise, the graph is written to standard out. -d Make the generated graph directed. -? Print usage information. EXIT STATUS
gvgen exits with 0 on successful completion, and exits with 1 if given an ill-formed or incorrect flag, or if the specified output file could not be opened. AUTHOR
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gc(1), acyclic(1), gvpr(1), gvcolor(1), ccomps(1), sccmap(1), tred(1), libgraph(3) 27 March 2008 GC(1)