Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site. Post 303020846 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 29th of July 2018 05:34:21 AM
Old 07-29-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Thanks! All great ideas but for me I am busy rebuilding the forums to move completely off legacy table tags and on to using more modern / responsible frameworks and tags, including HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery and other JS and CSS frameworks.
I can permit guest postings if other want it, but in the past, this just creates more and more and more spam for mods to deal with and they are busy enough already.
Regarding "one click registration" this is also a great idea, but the result is spam, spam, spam when we make it too easy.
I prefer to have users and members who want to be a part of our community versus having "one click in spammer to manage".
These are all great ideas, but we do have to keep the quality of the posts high, and the number of spammers low. If we make it "one click posting"... this place will turn into a full time anti-spam management exercise, LOL,
Hello Neo,

Sure, thank you for your encouragement. I actually didn't mean to give every user capability to post, I meant with some restrictions we could
allow them or make their id creation easy(may be take their information like Name etc and all from gmail etc ids). Also adding new FORUMS (eg---> R, ML, Docker, CLOUD) will give our forums good shape as they are emerging technologies. Cheers and let us all contribute to this GREAT site Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 07-29-2018 at 06:47 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Site/Info for Linux Users

Check out this site. This will be helpful for all. Link removed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadebellant
3 Replies

2. AIX

Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users.

Hello, I am not the AIX guru.. This might seem simple for a lot but I am not sure where to start.. So here is my question: I have a unix account on a remote site. My UID is 999999. Now I need to create my account at my main site, with the same UID. So i have to make sure the UID 999999 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxalarie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

documentation for beginners setup virtual site, users, mailaccounts on raq 550

Greetings to all reading this, I am a Linux/Unix newbie webmaster with a dedicated server, a RaQ 550. I am looking for some step by step documentation about managing a server with shell (not the GUI), from adding a virtual site to adding users, email accounts etc. I can find only parts of this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolandk
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How Many Technology Forums Do You Actively Participate In?

How Many Technology Forums Do You Actively Participate In? (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
29 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How to encourage emerging users in forum to give better solution:?

Our moderators/admins/users are doing great job by sharing knowledge with each other, they do correct/appreciate us in posts. This poll is to encourage emerging users to go in a better direction, kindly do give your thoughts on same. 1- Giving them a reward/appreciation if they are... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
31 Replies

6. Web Development

Some Thoughts on Vue.js at UNIX.com

Recently, have been learning Vue and, as always, learning-by-doing, which means writing code for real-world applications. In this process, I have learned something that is not really mentioned in the majority of online Vue tutorials. Basically, when you create a Vue instance in your browser,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
post(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   post(8)

NAME
post - deliver a message SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/post [options] file OPTIONS
Specifies a file that post should take aliases from. More than one file can be specified, each being preceded with the -alias option. The post program automatically consults the system alias file, /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases. If there is an Aliasfile entry in your post also con- sults the file named in that entry. Filters (re-formats) messages sent to blind copy recipients. Recipients named in the Bcc: field nor- mally receive a new message which includes a copy of the message sent to the other recipients. If this option is specified, this copy of the message is filtered according to the instructions in the named file. The default is -nofilter. Formats messages so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol. This is the default behavior. You can post from formatting messages in this way by using the -noformat option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Adds a Message-ID: or Resent-Message-ID: field to the header. Specifies the mail system over which mail is sent. The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. Informs the user of each step of the posting/filing process. Allows the user to watch the transport system's handling of the message (for example, local and fast delivery). Specifies the preferred length of the header compo- nents that contain addresses. The default settings for post are: -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases -format -nomsgid -mts smtp -noverbose -nowatch -width 72 -nofilter DESCRIPTION
The program post is called by send(1) to deliver the message in the named file to local and remote users. In fact, all of the functions at- tributed to send on its reference page are performed by post, with send acting as a relatively simple pre-processor. Thus, it is post which parses the various header fields, appends From: and Date: lines, and interacts with the transport system. Normally, post would not be called directly by the user. It searches the To:, cc:, Bcc:, and Resent-xxx: header lines of the specified message for destination addresses, checks these addresses for validity, and formats them so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol (unless the -noformat option is set). This will normally cause @local-site to be appended to each local destination address, as well as any local return addresses. If a Bcc: field is encountered, the mail system will use its addresses for delivery. The Bcc: is removed from the message sent to original recipients. The copied recipients will receive an entirely new message with a minimal set of headers. The mail system includes a copy of the message sent to the original recipients in the body of the message. This command consults the environment variable $SIGNATURE to determine the sender's personal name in constructing the From: line of the message. RESTRICTIONS
For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. PROFILE COMPONENTS
The post command does not consult the user's FILES
The system customization file. The program to process Fcc:s. The program to process Bcc:s. The system alias file. SEE ALSO
Commands: comp(1), mhmail(1), send(1) Files: mh-alias(4), mh-mail(4), mtstailor(4) Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC 822) post(8)